UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

American Football Season

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite my general belief that Manning is wildly overrated, I believe he may finally earn his reputation and beat the Patriots.

I'm going to go out on a limb and pick the Saints to beat the Bears in Soldier Field.

Either way, I don't think the NFC has much of a shot.

(It's killing me to think that the lowly Saints may actually get to the Superbowl. One might think that such an event would actually give a Detroit Lions fan hope that anything is possible, but rather it is further damning evidence of the ultimate ineptitude of the franchise. :sadwalk: )

The classless Patriots, will visit Peyton Manning and the Colts. Where have we seen this before. :lol:
Chicago vs. New England (1985 redux). Of course, da Bears will crush them again. :no:

Despite my general belief that Manning is wildly overrated, I believe he may finally earn his reputation and beat the Patriots. :no2:

:blink::lol::lol::D :blowup: :usaflag:

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I don't care if Chicago doesn't win the Superbowl, but I would love for the Bears to make whole state of Louisiana drop to the ground in pain.

By the way, did anyone notice during the Eagles/Saints game, that one of the fans shown on TV had an actual shirt:

F*** Da Eagles. Then there was another woman who was barely clothed. Boy, did Fox sports get lucky with the FCC.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

I really do believe the Patriots are classless. I remember being there in the 2005 AFC Championship Game. We lost by 14 to New England, and the guy 4 seats left of me was being scolded by a Patriot wide receiver saying, 'Where's your terribel towl now?' It was on television by the way.

LT was right, they're not exactly the classiest of people.

Edited by Rameses the Great

I really do believe the Patriots are classless. I remember being there in the 2005 AFC Championship Game. We lost by 14 to New England, and the guy 4 seats left of me was being scolded by a Patriot wide receiver saying, 'Where's your terribel towl now?' It was on television by the way.

LT was right, they're not exactly the classiest of people.

Class? We're speaking of the sound thrashings the Pats shall administer! Then I am going to spank you, :mummy: , :no2: .

;)

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Class? We're speaking of the sound thrashings the Pats shall administer! Then I am going to spank you, , .

I think Peyton will put away the terrible luck in the playoffs especially again the Patriots. If he doesen't then just never mind. I think old coach Mora will have a talk to them about the playoffs if the Colts lose again.

Class? We're speaking of the sound thrashings the Pats shall administer! Then I am going to spank you, , .

I think Peyton will put away the terrible luck in the playoffs especially again the Patriots. If he doesen't then just never mind. I think old coach Mora will have a talk to them about the playoffs if the Colts lose again.

It's not terrible luck, he just blows when it matters. I still have a bad feeling that the Colts will win in spite of Manning, but I'm pulling for Brady.

As for the NFC, as much as it pains me, I have to hope for Chicago to win. I'm not looking forward to yet another ridiculous tribute to a city built below sea level. While it's not fair to hold the sappiness of the media against a fairly exciting (and relatively young) team, I am hoping to avoid the eye-rolling entirely.

I think old coach Mora will have a talk to them about the playoffs if the Colts lose again.

Which is, perhaps, the single greatest public rant in sports history. I wish I had a copy of the whole thing! Gotta go check YouTube.

EDIT: Two partials of that series of rants: one and

Edited by docoflove1974

The MONSTERS of the MIDWAY advanced fairly soundly as they beat the Saints 39-14. No surprise here, playing in your elements is an advatage especially when a fair weather team practices in a dome all week. Congragulations to the Saints on the season they had. :ph34r:

For the New England Patriots fans, look away. The Colts advance on the arm of Peyton Manning, being down at one point by 18 points the biggest comeback in Championship history. Now Indianapolis fans can rest easy, knowing they beat the Pats and Tom Brady. Peyton finally showed up, and the bravado of the Patriots finally came back and bit them in the ***. ;)

Or as Nostradamis would say, 'the old lion (Peyton) shall defeat the young lion (Tom). :lol:

Bears vs Colts, so I ask again and you have two weeks to answer America who you got?

Edited by Rameses the Great

Daaaaaaaaaaaa Bearsssssssss

(2 good RBs + Monster Defense = XLI Champs)

It would require another complete playoff breakdown by Manning. I'd say the chances are fairly good. :clapping:

I just hope the game is as exciting as the entire playoffs have been so far (save for the crap NFC championship game). See what happens when a traditional patsy like the Saints advances too far beyond their normal ineptness.