UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Gallery

Please do not be alarmed if some movement of images takes place, as you may notice a specific "Roman Gallery" option has appeared -so we can divide our images 'tween strict historic discussion and more "personal"" or lighthearted images and comments.

A very big thanks to PP for shifting the albums about.

On the topic of gallery maintenance: the first photo for the Getty photo set, there is some image that is not loading for the 'rating' of the photo. What does that mean?

What format was the image taken in (tif perhaps)and quality of pixellation?

On the topic of gallery maintenance: the first photo for the Getty photo set, there is some image that is not loading for the 'rating' of the photo. What does that mean?

Pertinax, I know what Favonius is talking about, I have that issue. If a photo is 'rated' say with 5 stars, those stars show up as one x box as if an image didn't load right.

Pertinax, I know what Favonius is talking about, I have that issue. If a photo is 'rated' say with 5 stars, those stars show up as one x box as if an image didn't load right.

Exactly. I tested the rating function on that first picture to see what it was about, and did not test the rest. From my view only the first picture has that issue whereas the rest have the 'rate image' box.

Apologies, I misinterpreted "rating" as relating to file type :bag:

Please excuse me if i'm being a bit stupid :) but i'm not quite sure how to put photo's into the gallery section.

I would be very grateful if somebody could give me a quick run through ....... an idiots guide if you like :)

thanks

1. Go to gallery section.

2. Choose which gallery is best for your photos. Either Roman history related or not basically.

3. Hit 'New Album'

4. Give a title and description for your collection and approve of the new album.

5. Hit the scroll down menu to the right called 'select an operation' and click on 'upload image.'

6. Determine it's title and description.

7. Towards the bottom upload an image from your computer in the 'image to upload' section. Click the browse button and you can search your harddrive for the pic.

8. Click the 'Post image' button.

9. Repeat steps 5-7 until you've added all your images.

:)

Edited by Favonius Cornelius

1. Go to gallery section.

2. Choose which gallery is best for your photos. Either Roman history related or not basically.

3. Hit 'New Album'

4. Give a title and description for your collection and approve of the new album.

5. Hit the scroll down menu to the right called 'select an operation' and click on 'upload image.'

6. Determine it's title and description.

7. Towards the bottom upload an image from your computer in the 'image to upload' section. Click the browse button and you can search your harddrive for the pic.

8. Click the 'Post image' button.

9. Repeat steps 5-7 until you've added all your images.

:)

Thanks mate thats just what i wanted but there's just one problem

I do not have a 'New Album' section on my gallery page???

I've just looked at 'My Controls' and in the 'Your Albums' section it says "sorry, the board administrator has not enabled your permissions for this part of the control panel"

what does this mean???????

Ahh. My guess is you need to be at least an equestrian to start an album then. I suggest you PM one of the admins and maybe they can give you special access.

As a patrician even I can only have one photo album at a time, so choose your theme carefully.

Ahh. My guess is you need to be at least an equestrian to start an album then. I suggest you PM one of the admins and maybe they can give you special access.

As a patrician even I can only have one photo album at a time, so choose your theme carefully.

Thanks for your help FC

I guess i'm just not important enough yet sob sob boo hoo :nopity: :sadwalk: