UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

"Visions of Rome"

Pertinax

Anyone know where the excellent image resource went to from this now defunct site? Look at the quality of this work:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?act=mo...si&img=1154

it was a very graphic intensive site , I understand the Webmaster packed up and headed for the hills , is he by ant chance reading this?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know where the excellent image resource went to from this now defunct site? Look at the quality of this work:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?act=mo...si&img=1154

it was a very graphic intensive site , I understand the Webmaster packed up and headed for the hills , is he by ant chance reading this?

Salve Pertinax!

Visions of Rome was replaced with Ancient Vine.com http://www.ancientvine.com/ . Right now there is only a temporary site up with some of my digital reconstructions and a few other images. My latest is a reconstruction of the Temple of Isis in Pompeii.

Presently I am constructing a typical Roman Domus in which the user will be able to "walk-around", complete with an atrium, tablinum, triclinium, vestibulum etc. As I have more time available I will be adding more content. I even have plans to use my programming experience to create a simple RPG game similiar to kingdomofloathing.com but set in ancient rome, Pompeii specifically. Of course visuals will always be in the forefront. Content writers are always welcome to help!

VOR went down because my domain host pulled the plug and basically screwed me over. But all is well and I'm going forth with the Ancient Vine. So please drop by or drop me a line at admin@ancientvine.com

Salve Decimus! That is excellent news, I thought your good work was lost. I am delighted to see you back in the fray.I particularly like the "Temple of Isis" image , which I havent previously seen.

What period will the Domus be ?

Thanks Pertinax & Decimus,

I'm thinking the Domus will be of the first Century AD since I have quite a bit of reference material to go by. It will be about the size of the House of Meander decorated with the Second and Third style . The texturing will be the most difficult to recreate.

Other projects/drawings for the year may include a Roman siege scene with artillery. An maybe a classic road building scene. Or a gladiator arena scene. Of course suggestions are welcome.

It's good to be back.

Regards

Thanks Pertinax & Decimus,

I'm thinking the Domus will be of the first Century AD since I have quite a bit of reference material to go by. It will be about the size of the House of Meander decorated with the Second and Third style . The texturing will be the most difficult to recreate.

Other projects/drawings for the year may include a Roman siege scene with artillery. An maybe a classic road building scene. Or a gladiator arena scene. Of course suggestions are welcome.

It's good to be back.

Regards

Ah , this is very good news, you may have seen my notes here:

http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4711

rather hasty im afraid, but I aim to make good any shortfall in information by a thorough photographic sweep of Pompeii in the spring.

You are certainly going for a striking and substantial building! As you can probably divine ,I would be interested to see your rendition of pigmentation hierarchies within the house.Do you have any specific sources you would suggest for decorative styles?

Thanks guys, Pertinax I'm not sure how far I will go with the pigmentation hierarchies and I need to keep filesize in mind as people may tour the house although many have DSL or cable nowadays. I may make the interior walls generic for the time period...who knows :rolleyes:

Decimus Vitus, you left us all without so much as a note. I hope that the Geriatrix' are well.

Btw, where does the 'Tavern Wench' hang out?

Gaius So sorry for pulling the plug. My Domain host try to extort an enormous fee on me to keep the site going when I refused his BS he pulled the plug. I'm still persuing things with him. So I had no time to give anybody a warning. My apologies.

Mrs. Geriatrix is still around. She and Mr. Geriatrix split up, they were suppossed to get married. But something went wrong. And well as far as the tavern wench, last I heard she was still serving patrons in a rundown taverna in Ostia.

Primus there were other images on my old site but those were created by other people. I hope to put up a guest gallery soon to help promote a visual classic culture on the web.

• 6 months later...

Decimus, this is absolutely beautiful work. Unfortunately, I am still at work so can only dip into the site for a minute, but I wanted to congratulate you at once, and I look forward to exploring your domus more thoroughly later on this evening.

Once again, well done.