UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Actually, I'm quite happy to be M. Herius Procyon, freedman of the illustrious N. Herius Cato. Better to be a slave of Cato, than a kinsman of Caesar. (sorry--couldn't resist).

Many thanks Nepilla. This is fun!

Hahahaha! Good point, M. Porcius Cato! And, glad you enjoyed.

Pertinax, yikes! The first scramble is rather short, and the second way too long to work with. Can we reach some agreeable middle ground? Such as: first name, last name, and middle initial(s)? And, you're male, correct?

Gaius Paulinus Maximus, I'll be back later with yours.

-- Nepilla

Gaius Paulinus Maximus, I automatically changed the "y" in your name to an "i" to conform to the ancient Roman alphabet.

As you can see by the link, you have quite a number of memorable ancestors among the Flavii. Your cognomen of "Niger" suggests that your particular branch of the Flavian gens may comprise the "black" sheep of the family.

A. Flavius Niger

(iviaangnlfeer -en +us)

-- Nepilla

Edited by Nepilla Herena

Gaius Paulinus Maximus, I automatically changed the "y" in your name to an "i" to conform to the ancient Roman alphabet.

As you can see by the link, you have quite a number of memorable ancestors among the Flavii. Your cognomen of "Niger" suggests that your particular branch of the Flavian gens may comprise the "black" sheep of the family.

A. Flavius Niger

(iviaangnlfeer -en +us)

-- Nepilla

A member of the Flavii dynasty, i'm truly honoured, or at least i was until you threw a spanner in the works with the "Niger" thing :angry: just my luck!

I think the black sheep of the family thing probably came from my playboy life style anyway :whistling:

Haha great fun Nepilla, cheers :clapping:

A member of the Flavii dynasty, i'm truly honoured, or at least i was until you threw a spanner in the works with the "Niger" thing :angry: just my luck!

I think the black sheep of the family thing probably came from my playboy life style anyway :whistling:

Haha great fun Nepilla, cheers :clapping:

Thanks, you patrician playboy, you. (Stay out of the Subura!).

-- Nepilla

Spartan156, you are a descendant of poets and princes...

Ti. Varius Aruns

(tivrsayrazkun -kyz +ius)

If anyone here would like to know what hidden Roman lurks in the name of their spouse or significant other, feel free to give me their scramble, as well.

-- Nepilla

Actually, I'm quite happy to be M. Herius Procyon, freedman of the illustrious N. Herius Cato. Better to be a slave of Cato, than a kinsman of Caesar. (sorry--couldn't resist).

Many thanks Nepilla. This is fun!

No need to apologize, MPC, it's in your DNA. A 'freedman'! :clapping: My clemency is well known; it's in my DNA. I generously let you off the hook on another thread.

:whistling:

Me to please-

male :

1. first and last names only:neotnhrjor

2. all names:rncjtehtoeorrtnbahorneormon.

Flavius V.C., sometimes that scrambler goes a bit wacky, and it looks like it did with your name, putting those ampersands in there. Could you please check your scramble and replace the ampersands with the proper letters? Thanks!

So im the artistic son of the last roman king, that has something to do with the tiber river? Cool...

Yah, you paint in water colors.

Hi, Pertinax. Did you see my last posting to you? It kind of got buried in all the rest. What I wrote was, your first scramble is a bit short, and your second scramble is too long to work with. Do you have more than one middle name?

Do you think you could maybe give me a third option? Perhaps a scramble with only one middle name -- or a scramble with first and last names plus middle initials only? Thanks!

Honorius, you are descended from a wealthy patrician family of Pompeii (nice ancestral home, there). There are also some politicians in your family tree, having shrewdly taken the cognomen of "Poplicola" (meaning "friend of the people").

But you're the one with a good head for business on your shoulders. In modern Roma, you've produced and marketed your wildly popular soft drink, named for yourself - "Poplicola".

S. Loreius Poplicola

(rsaclophosjezoepl -ehjz +iilu)

-- Nepilla

I wonder can my name be changed to a Roman name...coz it contains only 7 letters...(I do not have a middle name) but anyway try this

snae ium

Hi, Pertinax. Did you see my last posting to you? It kind of got buried in all the rest. What I wrote was, your first scramble is a bit short, and your second scramble is too long to work with. Do you have more than one middle name?

Do you think you could maybe give me a third option? Perhaps a scramble with only one middle name -- or a scramble with first and last names plus middle initials only? Thanks!

My Lord, :notworthy: it is reported that the entire Forum awaits your response with great anticipation. There presently exists a pool with such choices as: leeches, herbs, cheese, wine and some that shall remain unmentioned.

Nepilla, is there a hidden Roman name in, (just to pick two at random):

1. Gaius Iulius Caesar? (You can use a 'C' for the initial 'G'.)

2. Marcus Porcius Cato?

The Wild Boar (No wise guys need apply)

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius