UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Your Hidden Roman Name

Nephele

You're very welcome, Cohort, Pax Romana, and everyone else.

-- Nephele

ummidia quadratilla, you are a princess of Gaul, brought up and educated in Rome as a foreign hostage and "houseguest" of the imperial family...

Commia Gloria

(mlamaomlr cog -lm +ii)

-- Nephele

Gini, you are a member of a very ancient patrician family of Rome, as indicated by your gens name of Herminia. Your cognomen of Reginina suggests your regal bearing, and also that you are perhaps a younger daughter (your elder sister might be named "Regina"). In fact, your nickname of "Gini" is most likely taken from "Reginina".

Herminia Reginina

(eifrejnn mray ngii -fjy +hia)

-- Nephele

ummidia quadratilla, you are a princess of Gaul, brought up and educated in Rome as a foreign hostage and "houseguest" of the imperial family...

Commia Gloria

(mlamaomlr cog -lm +ii)

-- Nephele

Thanks Nephele

It is wonderful to know I have royal blood. As long as the imperial family treat me well, I won't run away to Gaul and start a liberation movement!

ummidia

hey man it would be awesome if u could do mine even though it long name hehe but but here it is: prtynrkoakhesoskiri

hey man it would be awesome if u could do mine even though it long name hehe but but here it is: prtynrkoakhesoskiri

oh and i am male too i forgot to add that hehe

brotus maximus, you are a freedman of Servius Curiatius and, as customary, when you became a Roman citizen you took your former master's praenomen and nomen for your own, while keeping your original Greek slave name as your cognomen.

Ser. Curiatius Procyon

prtynrkoakhesoskiri -hkkk +ccuu

-- Nephele

• 2 weeks later...
brotus maximus, you are a freedman of Servius Curiatius and, as customary, when you became a Roman citizen you took your former master's praenomen and nomen for your own, while keeping your original Greek slave name as your cognomen.

Ser. Curiatius Procyon

prtynrkoakhesoskiri -hkkk +ccuu

-- Nephele

kinda sounds like i was a slave or something weird but thanx fer that. :whistling:

oh and i am male too i forgot to add that hehe

"hey man...."? Sirrah, you are addressing a Lady of Quality! :whistling:

:)

"hey man...."? Sirrah, you are addressing a Lady of Quality! :whistling:

:)

Gratias tibi ago, o optime Octavi. You are my knight in shining toga! :wub:

-- Nephele

• 3 weeks later...
Are ye still in business?

I am definitely still in business! In fact, I was starving for business. Thanks for keeping me busy and off the viae!

Your lady friend's father is a member of the Terentia gens -- plebian but nevertheless notable. Her mother is a member of the Herennia gens (a "family of rank in Italy"), and your friend's cognomen is taken from that in the form of an affectionate diminutive.

Eilelkeatetrhreny -eky +nia

=

Terentia Herenilla

-- Nephele