-- Nephele

So what is my hidden Roman name?

aflRa zJuans aSnzpeskizc

Salve, Mosquito! Male or female?

I see you've taken my suggestion for "Posnania, Polonia"! Looking good! :huh:

-- Nephele

Oh yes, I did.

Im definatelly male :)

Just for the record... I moved this from the off topic area of the site to this "entertainment" category.

Thanks for the promotion and the move! :huh:

I like it here in the Colosseum

Mosquito, you belong to the Alfia gens, the same noble gens to which belonged C. Alfius Avitus, a Tribune of the People who was a supporter of Caesar, Pompeius, and Crassus (ref. T. S. R. Broughton's Magistrates of the Roman Republic).

Your praenomen is "Cnaeus" (which you may choose to abbreviate as "Cn"). Your cognomen is "Aper", meaning "wild boar" -- a legion standard revered by your military family.

Cnaeus Alfius Aper

(aflRa aSnzpeskizc -kzz +euu)

-- Nephele

Mosquito, you belong to the Alfia gens, the same noble gens to which belonged C. Alfius Avitus, a Tribune of the People who was a supporter of Caesar, Pompeius, and Crassus (ref. T. S. R. Broughton's Magistrates of the Roman Republic).

Your praenomen is "Cnaeus" (which you may choose to abbreviate as "Cn"). Your cognomen is "Aper", meaning "wild boar" -- a legion standard revered by your military family.

Cnaeus Alfius Aper

(aflRa aSnzpeskizc -kzz +euu)

-- Nephele

Thank you Nephele ;)

Northern Neil, as promised, here is your Roman name...

Nero Hilarius

(lieN Hnarrsoi -n +u)

Before gaining your Roman citizenship, you were a Greek named Hilaros. You came to Rome and wound up joining the Roman army, where your name was Latinized to "Hilarius". You added the praenomen of "Nero" to your name in admiration of the military commander under whom you served: Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus (who was rumored to have been conceived by Caesar Augustus when the Lady Livia was still married to her previous husband).

-- Nephele

Northern Neil, as promised, here is your Roman name...

Nero Hilarius

(lieN Hnarrsoi -n +u)

Before gaining your Roman citizenship, you were a Greek named Hilaros. You came to Rome and wound up joining the Roman army, where your name was Latinized to "Hilarius". You added the praenomen of "Nero" to your name in admiration of the military commander under whom you served: Nero Claudius Drusus Germanicus (who was rumored to have been conceived by Caesar Augustus when the Lady Livia was still married to her previous husband).

-- Nephele

O! Great! Just wait until N.N. wakes up. May I come to your funeral? I love whitefish, bagels and lox, and all those other magnificent goodies. :ph34r:

:hammer:

Kieronus, looks like that scrambler tool is acting up. I'm afraid you're going to have to scramble your letters for me by hand. Count your letters when you're done, to make sure you haven't missed out any.

-- Nephele

Kieronus, looks like that scrambler tool is acting up. I'm afraid you're going to have to scramble your letters for me by hand. Count your letters when you're done, to make sure you haven't missed out any.

-- Nephele

have my real name, i don't mind the secret police. ;)

Kieron O'Grady

:blink:

Edited by Kieronus

Kieronus, you came to Rome as a Phrygian captive, destined for training as a gladiator. At the gladiator school they named you "Gordius", after the Phrygian king of legend, giving you a royal name because of your masterful command of the arena. You fought well, and were eventually rewarded with your freedom and granted Roman citizenship by the emperor Nero. You kept your gladiatorial "stage name" of Gordius as your nomen, while adding "Aulus" as your praenomen and "Nero" (to honor the emperor) as your cognomen. Your name is...

A. Gordius Nero

(Kieron O'Grady -ky +us)

have my real name, i don't mind the secret police. :ph34r:

Never mind the secret police -- it's Earth.Google.com you have to watch out for. Especially if you've got a skylight in your bathroom... *grabs towel and shrieks*

-- Nephele

Never mind the secret police -- it's Earth.Google.com you have to watch out for. Especially if you've got a skylight in your bathroom... *grabs towel and shrieks*

-- Nephele

You look nice in a towel. :ph34r:

-- Nephele

You look nice in a towel. :ph34r:

*shrieks, and launches an ASAT missile at Google's PTS ("Peeping Tom Satellite")*

Hey Neph, great thread. :clapping:

First / last: knreahmmea

First / middle / last: hnhejanamkomer

Definetely a male.

Never mind the secret police -- it's Earth.Google.com you have to watch out for. Especially if you've got a skylight in your bathroom...

Now there's an idea. :ph34r: