UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Thanks very much, Nephele. I could certainly have done a darn sight worse than Macrobius as a namesake. Being the Praefectus Praetorio of Spain sounds like a cushy little number for him. Have you thought of assigning Roman jobs to Forum Members to go with their names? If so, that'll do for me.

I can't wait to see what my name is...

hskrwkoateaeshzlei

(And I'm a girly...)

aethos, can we try your scramble without your middle name included? Your scramble is a bit long. Thanks!

Btw, I love your avatar! Chaplin's City Lights is one of my favorite films!

And... Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

aethos, can we try your scramble without your middle name included? Your scramble is a bit long. Thanks!

Btw, I love your avatar! Chaplin's City Lights is one of my favorite films!

And... Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Actually... that scramble only includes my first and last names. I nixed my middle, because then it was really long! I could substitute my middle name for my last, and shorten it up more, if you like. If it'll work...

aethos, you have a complicated history, for you are the unacknowledged daughter of Gaius Julius Caesar.

Your mother was Cossutia, a girl from a wealthy equestrian family who had been betrothed to Caesar from childhood. But at the age of 17 Caesar broke off the betrothal to Cossutia, in order to marry Cornelia, the daughter of Cinna.

Being the young scoundrel that he was, before the betrothal was broken off Caesar got poor Cossutia pregnant (this is unknown to history books!). As a result, Cossutia bore a daughter, whom she defiantly named "Caesariela". This daughter would never be acknowledged by the Julii (Caesar's family), and so she was to carry the gens name of her mother, Cossutia.

Your full Roman name is:

Cossutia Caesariela

= hskrwkoateaeshzlei -ehhkkwz +aaiccus

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele

jninuoayg

It's from my Chinese name: Jin Ouyang.

I'm a man.

please...

Edited by OracleBone

OracleBone, you are a member of the Antonia gens, which was both patrician and plebeian. You are a member of the plebeian branch of the Antonii, as you lack a cognomen.

Your praenomen is "Gaius", customarily abbreviated as "C.", but you contrarily choose to abbreviate your praenomen with a "G." Your full Roman name is:

G. Antonius

= jninuoayg -jy +st

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

OracleBone, you are a member of the Antonia gens, which was both patrician and plebeian. You are a member of the plebeian branch of the Antonii, as you lack a cognomen.

Your praenomen is "Gaius", customarily abbreviated as "C.", but you contrarily choose to abbreviate your praenomen with a "G." Your full Roman name is:

G. Antonius

= jninuoayg -jy +st

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

It's so cool, thanks very much! :shocking:

Edited by OracleBone

Hi, c murphy. I could be wrong, but I think you might have accidentally put a couple of extra letters into your name scramble. So I removed them.

You are a descendant of the 1st century BCE Roman poet, Propertius, and so you and he share the same nomen gentilicium.

Your family added the cognomen of "Phylarchus" to the family name, which is Latin (by way of Greek) for a military leader, literally meaning "head of a tribe". Your military family took a fancy to this cognomen, finding it distinctive.

Your praenomen is "Marcus", abbreviated as "M." Your full Roman name is:

M. Propertius Phylarchus

= richsohertluappruypmh -h +s

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hello there!

Just got your invitation and here is my name:

aosyaskaintavba

:-) I think it's pretty exotic just as it is - as a scrable! I am female.

Thank you!

Jansi, you are a member of the Octavii, a gens which gave birth to Rome's first emperor, Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus, otherwise known as Caesar Augustus.

Your second name of "Bassiana" came to you by way of indirect relationship to the highly assertive and scandalous Julia Soemis one of Rome's most assertive women, as well as the mother of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius Antoninus (also known as the Emperor Elagabalus). "Bassiana" being the name by which she was styled in Greek inscriptions, and originating with her Phoenician grandfather, Bassianus.

Your full Roman name is:

Octavia Bassiana

= aosyaskaintavba -yk +ic

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hello all! This is my first message here. I'm studying Latin Language and Literature in the university of Ankara, Turkey (my first year). I'm 20 and I'm a male :]

tctrneuul

vox stellarum, you are a descendant of the Senator Quintus Lucienus, who was a friend of the scholar Marcus Terentius Varro. Your noble ancestor Lucienus is in fact mentioned in Varro's book on agriculture, described as being "a thoroughly kindly and jovial person." It may be that you take after him.

Your praenomen is "Titus," abbreviated as "T." Your full Roman name is:

T. Lucienus

= tctrneuul -tr +is

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele