Your Hidden Roman Name

good luck with this one nephele

full name= aenynjsameatsewaalh

fist and last name = alaatamswehnse

thankyou so much for this

cheers!

Hi, Whitewolf. Male or female? :lol:

-- Nephele

Lanista, you belong to the Duellia Gens (an alternate rendering of the Duillia or Duilia Gens. Though plebeian, your family has produced magistrates of note.

Your cognomen of "Hister" comes from the Roman name for the lower part of what is today known as the Danube River, describing a dangerous, uncontrollable individual, in that the strong eddies of this part of the river made it dangerous to navigate.

Your praenomen of "Flavius" (abbreviated as "Fl.") was originally a nomen gentilicium that was adopted as a praenomen by the Imperial family. You are living in a much later period of Roman history, when this name was not unknown as a praenomen among the citizenry.

Your full Roman name is:

Fl. Duellius Hister

= Russell Whitfield -w +u

(Your peers have given you the catchy name of: "Hister the Lanista".)

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thank you Nephele, I just now found this post! I copied and will save your reply to show my friends.

Hateria Cerintha aka Crispina

P.S Gaius Hortensius Frutex now wishes you a merry winter solstice as his head sits in the garden with an inch of snow on top!

(Your peers have given you the catchy name of: "Hister the Lanista".)

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hey, Nephele - thanks so much, that's brilliant! Really made me smile this morning!

Cheers

Hister the Lanista

Thank you Nephele, I just now found this post! I copied and will save your reply to show my friends.

Hateria Cerintha aka Crispina

P.S Gaius Hortensius Frutex now wishes you a merry winter solstice as his head sits in the garden with an inch of snow on top!

I was wondering how Frutex might be enjoying the winter holiday. Did you place a festive garland of ivy on him? And, if your friends need Roman names for the Saturnalia, I'll be happy to oblige.

Hister the Lanista, glad you liked. (I can't get your rhyming name out of my head now!)

-- Nephele

Whitewolf, you didn't say whether you are male or female. I'll presume you're female. You were brought to Rome as an educated Greek slave, and put in charge of your master's children. Your master fancifully named you "Amalthea" -- after the foster-mother of Zeus in Greek myth.

When you were given your freedom by your master, you took a feminine equivalent of his nomen gentilicium for your own name (as was customary). This gave you the additional name of "Sestia," your master being Lucius Sestius Quirinalis Albinianus, that distinguished suffect consul and friend of Horace.

Your former master is now your patron, and his children (who are a bit older now and no longer requiring a nursemaid) still affectionately call you their "Amalthea."

Your full Roman name is:

Sestia Amalthea

= alaatamswehnse -wn +ti

-- Nephele

Saphira, you are a descendant of a Roman magistrate named Lucius Fulcinnius, who served under Metellus Numidicus (leader of the conservative faction of the Roman senate), and who was elected Quaestor in 148 B.C.E. As such, you bear the proud nomen gentilicium of "Fulcinnia."

Your feminine cognomen of "Herenna" is of Oscan origin, having been derived from the Oscan verb herio, meaning "to wish."

Your full Roman name is:

Fulcinnia Herenna

= Jcenhiinlfnaernd -dj +au

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

try

ompsatviraahut

Darth Maria, male or female?

-- Nephele

Thanks for the PM, Darth Maria. Here's your hidden Roman identity:

You are a member of the Martia Gens, which is an infrequently found spelling of the Marcia Gens, a gens which claims to be descended from the fourth king of Rome.

Your cognomen is "Voluptas" -- a clearly feminine nickname meaning "pleasure, delight, enjoyment," given to you to by your peers either in compliment or in envy.

Your full Roman name is:

Martia Voluptas

ompsatviraahut -h +l

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele