UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Your Hidden Roman Name

Nephele

Tiberius Gracchus, you are a member of the Pedanii, a gens which gave to birth several notable Romans, two of whom were most noted for their bravery: Titus Pedanius, a centurion who was distinguished in the second Punic War, and a horse-soldier named Pedanius whose bravery was written of by Josephus at the capture of Jerusalem.

Your cognomen of "Elva" indicates light-colored (reddish-yellow) hair in your ancestry. (Despite the -a ending, Elva/Helva is a masculine cognomen.)

Your praenomen is "Decimus" (abbreviated as "D."). Your full Roman name is:

D. Pedanius Elva

= ulviedandakpe -k +s

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

onaaypsreaktrnt

sanraottny

oh and i'm a boy by the way

Belisarius Ryan, you are a member of the Annaei, a family which produced many notable Romans, including the great rhetorician Seneca the Elder and the great poet Lucan

Your cognomen is "Raptor" -- a word though nowadays recognized as describing the most terrifyingly predatory dinosaur from Jurassic Park, in ancient Roman times it indicated one who was a robber who seized and abruptly made off with his prize. Your branch of the Annaei obtained this cognomen due to their unapologetic reputation of getting what they want.

Your praenomen is "Tiberius" (abbreviated as "Ti.") Your full Roman name is:

Ti. Annaeus Raptor

= onaaypsreaktrnt -yk +iu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Belisarius Ryan, you are a member of the Annaei, a family which produced many notable Romans, including the great rhetorician Seneca the Elder and the great poet Lucan

Your cognomen is "Raptor" -- a word though nowadays recognized as describing the most terrifyingly predatory dinosaur from Jurassic Park, in ancient Roman times it indicated one who was a robber who seized and abruptly made off with his prize. Your branch of the Annaei obtained this cognomen due to their unapologetic reputation of getting what they want.

Your praenomen is "Tiberius" (abbreviated as "Ti.") Your full Roman name is:

Ti. Annaeus Raptor

= onaaypsreaktrnt -yk +iu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

;)

I like that name

Hmmm, don't know what to make of this one.

HrtylTrtuae

Hi, Harry. That's not a lot of letters to work with. Do you have a middle name you can add in your scramble?

-- Nephele

Harry Tuttle, since you didn't give me a middle name, I tried to see what I could get out of your short name as it stood. I don't know if you're still around, but here you go.

Your praenomen is "Titus" (abbreviated as "T."). Your signum is "Literratus," meaning "learned, liberally educated." Your full Roman name is:

T. Literratus

= HrtylTrtuae -hy +is

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Taphoi, you belong to the Maenia gens, a plebeian gens noted for having "produced several distinguished champions of the rights of the plebeian order."

Your cognomen of "Gracchelus" is a diminutive of "Gracchus," meaning "jackdaw" (a small species of raven). Your praenomen is "Decimus" (abbreviated as "D."). Your full Roman name is:

D. Maenius Gracchelus

= aglwaheecdnriuchmg -ghw +uss

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

hello...new here and finding this site absolutely fascinating already!

as my ancestry is believed to be roman, i would love to hear what name you can find in the scrambled letters.

first, middle and last birth name. female.

nnmgeee rjvrraoay.

maryv, you are the daughter of a military tribune, Reginius Iustinus, who served at Camboglanna in Britannia and left for posterity an altar there which he had erected to Neptune, the god who is your family's special protector.

You bear your father's nomen gentilicium, as your name of "Reginia" -- along with a special cognomen your father gave you, "Vera" (meaning "true"). You are further distinguished by the addition of "Minor" to your name, as you are the younger of your father's two daughters. Your full Roman name is:

Reginia Vera Minor

= nnmgeee rjvrraoay -ejy +iii

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

maryv, you are the daughter of a military tribune, Reginius Iustinus, who served at Camboglanna in Britannia and left for posterity an altar there which he had erected to Neptune, the god who is your family's special protector.

You bear your father's nomen gentilicium, as your name of "Reginia" -- along with a special cognomen your father gave you, "Vera" (meaning "true"). You are further distinguished by the addition of "Minor" to your name, as you are the younger of your father's two daughters. Your full Roman name is:

Reginia Vera Minor

= nnmgeee rjvrraoay -ejy +iii

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

thank you. i see there are a couple of coincidences with the choosing of the name. my god-mother and other female members of the family on my maternal side have the name, reginia. i am also the second daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

mlcaialjhretlohmsenjne

female

Edited by Camilla Optima