UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Camilla Optima, you are a daughter of the senator (of 63 BCE) and consul suffectus (30 BCE) Lucius Saenius. As such, you bear your father's nomen gentilicium in the feminine form ("Saenia").

Your father generally refers to you as "Clementilla" -- a pet form of the Latin clementia, affectionately describing your gentle and kindly nature. You bear the additional cognomen of "Maior" to distinguish you from a younger cousin who also has the name of "Saenia Clementilla."

Saenia Clementilla Maior

= mlcaialjhretlohmsenjne -hhjj +aaii

Welcome to UNRV!

(Colin, I'll be back later with your Roman name.)

-- Nephele

Colin, you are a member of the Terentia gens, a plebeian gens of literary distinction in having produced the writers Terence and Varro.

Your cognomen of "Lictor" is a surname you acquired due to your profession of lictor, a public officer attending on the chief Roman magistrates.

Your praenomen is "Numerius," traditionally abbreviated as "N." Your full Roman name is:

N. Terentius Lictor

= bceeilnnorrrtttu -nr +is

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thanks for the invite to participate in this...

I am a male and the full scramble for my first and last name is gnwreoahoatthuhhjins

The full scramble for my first/middle/last is haouatirghnjyeahsnhtenwow

thanks again.

Domitianus3, you are a member of the Horatii, a proud and ancient patrician family which produced the legendary Horatius who was known for single-handedly defending a bridge against early Rome's Etruscan enemies.

Your cognomen of "Honestianus" is not an adoptive cognomen, despite the -ianus ending. It's merely an elaborate form of "Honestus," defining your branch of the Horatii as being honorable and honest.

Your praenomen is "Gaius," which is more commonly abbreviated with a "C.", but because you are fond of innovation, you've taken to using that new letter "G." to abbreviate your praenomen. Your full Roman name is:

G. Horatius Honestianus

= gnwreoahoatthuhhjins -jwhh +iuss

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

My name is quite short i think: dieknenpepig

Let's see what you can do with that :)

Forgot something: I'm female.

Denia, you are a descendant of the Roman senator, Marcus Eppius, who took Pompey's side in the civil war of 49 BCE and who was later pardoned by Caesar.

Your feminine cognomen of "Geniana" is derived from the Latin word genius, meaning a guardian spirit (and sometimes referring to a spirit of enjoyment, one's taste, inclination, etc.). Your father affectionately named you thus. Your full Roman name is:

Eppia Geniana

= dieknenpepig -dek +aaa

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

First, middle and last name scrambled, and I get ... 'aiaacrmnnsvklstenyte'. Rather long, it seems.

Oh, I'm male, as well.

Flavius, you are a descendent of that Calventius whose mother was a Gaul and who was viewed as a bit of a social upstart. You worked hard to win acceptance in Roman society, and eventually found that acceptance. To celebrate, you adopted the cognomen of "Renatanus," signifying a re-birth, of sorts.

Your praenomen is "Marcus," traditionally abbreviated as "M." Your full Roman name is:

M. Calventius Renatanus

= aiaacrmnnsvklstenyte -ky +uu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

dianamt54, your scramble is a bit too long to work with. Could you remove your middle name from it? Thanks.

Falconius, same with yours. Could you remove your middle name from the scramble? Thanks.

-- Nephele