UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Falconius, you are a member of the Cloelia gens, and therefore a patrician.

Your cognomen of "Genialis" describes your pleasant, genial nature.

Your praenomen is "Publius," traditionally abbreviated as "P." Your full Roman name is:

P. Cloelius Genialis

= oeiehlpgniiallcss -h +u

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

dianamt54, your scramble is a bit too long to work with. Could you remove your middle name from it? Thanks.

Falconius, same with yours. Could you remove your middle name from the scramble? Thanks.

-- Nephele

How is this?

dintaadeiahuboxThanks, I can't wait. Since I am new and still learning. Do the names mean some people are patrician or plebs?

Thank you!

How is this?

dintaadeiahuboxThanks, I can't wait. Since I am new and still learning. Do the names mean some people are patrician or plebs?

Thank you!

No, the patrician and plebes titles that you see below people's screen names on this board have to do with UNRV membership levels.

But in this topic, when I say that someone's Hidden Roman Name means that person is a "patrician" or a "plebeian," I'm referring to the ancient Roman gens which makes up their anagrammed or blanagrammed name, and whether that particular gens was patrician or plebeian.

I'll be back later with your Hidden Roman Name, dianamt54! :P

-- Nephele

dianamt54, you are a

! Your arena name is "Eudoxia" -- which is Greek, meaning "good glory." And the glory of victory is precisely what you crave and give your admiring fans.

Your cognomen is "Andabata," which describes your style of fighting -- and that is while wearing a helmet without eyeholes for seeing! But you are such a ferocious warrior woman, that fighting blind is no problem for you. Your keen sense of hearing, your balance, and swiftness more than compensate, and your opponents are easily dispatched by you.

Your full Roman name is:

Eudoxia Andabata

= dintaadeiahubox -hi +aa

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

dianamt54, I think your maiden name that you PM'ed me worked much better, for the sort of gentler name/persona you wanted. Here you go!

You are the daughter of the famous jurisconsult, Aterius, and so you bear his nomen gentilicium in the feminine form.

You were born in the month of December, during the holiday of the Saturnalia. And so your father, being in a merry mood, decided to call you "Decembrina," his lovely December daughter. This became your cognomen, and the name by which others know you.

Your full Roman name is:

Ateria Decembrina

= nadaiaiemretherb -h +a

-- Nephele

dianamt54, I think your maiden name that you PM'ed me worked much better, for the sort of gentler name/persona you wanted. Here you go!

You are the daughter of the famous jurisconsult, Aterius, and so you bear his nomen gentilicium in the feminine form.

You were born in the month of December, during the holiday of the Saturnalia. And so your father, being in a merry mood, decided to call you "Decembrina," his lovely December daughter. This became your cognomen, and the name by which others know you.

Your full Roman name is:

Ateria Decembrina

= nadaiaiemretherb -h +a

I love love love it! I guess that last name Thibodeaux gets in the way of a lot of things. hahahahaha

Thank you for going to all that trouble! I don't think I would last a second in the arena!

Thank you,

Ateria Decembrina

dsekerhdaobteumjaiex

deueodbkriaehtx

dejaekemrs

dnhaviculimoahedteibex

dteidunahobviex

diimvaecnhel

Thank you!

Ateria Decembrina

dianamt54, your sons are descended from a branch of the family of the consul of 144 CE, Lucius Hedius Rufus Lollianus Avitus, and so they both bear the nomen gentilicium of "Hedius".

Their praenomina are Decimus and Vibius, abbreviated as "D." and "V."

Their cognomina differ, as their father wished to have his sentiments regarding their birth expressed separately in each of their names. And so one bears the cognomen of "Exoratus" (meaning "wished for; prayed for") while the other bears the cognomen of "Donatius" (meaning "bestowed; given").

Their full Roman names are:

D. Hedius Exoratus

= deueodbkriaehtx -bek +uss

and

V. Hedius Donatius

= dteidunahobviex -bex +uss

-- Nephele

Thanks What fun, can't wait to tell them! Thank you again!

dianamt54, your sons are descended from a branch of the family of the consul of 144 CE, Lucius Hedius Rufus Lollianus Avitus, and so they both bear the nomen gentilicium of "Hedius".

Their cognomina differ, as their father wished to have his sentiments regarding their birth expressed separately in each of their names. And so one bears the cognomen of "Exoratus" (meaning "wished for; prayed for") while the other bears the cognomen of "Donatius" (meaning "bestowed; given").

D. Hedius Exoratus

and

V. Hedius Donatius

-- Nephele

It is funny! Rufus means red hair. But I have red hair! (auburn) And both my boys have natural red highlights mostly in the summer. You those Roman summers!

But does this mean that I, Ateria Decembrina could be married to Lucius Hedius Rufus Lollianus Abitus?? Or am I just his cocubine? Nanny for the boys???

Thank you again, you must have so much fun doing what you do. I hope I can find something fun like that to do!

Thanks What fun, can't wait to tell them! Thank you again!

D. Hedius Exoratus

and

V. Hedius Donatius

-- Nephele

It is funny! Rufus means red hair. But I have red hair! (auburn) And both my boys have natural red highlights mostly in the summer. You those Roman summers!

But does this mean that I, Ateria Decembrina could be married to Lucius Hedius Rufus Lollianus Abitus?? Or am I just his cocubine? Nanny for the boys???

Thank you again, you must have so much fun doing what you do. I hope I can find something fun like that to do!

You're very welcome, dianamt54 (and everyone else in this thread). As for whether or not your hidden Roman name indicates that you are married to Lucius Hedius Rufus Lollianus Avitus, or that you are his concubine.... Well, that's up to you and your imagination. :) But Roman married women did not ordinarily change their names upon marriage as women in modern Western society tend to do, so you could still be the wife of Lollianus Avitus and have the name of "Ateria Decembrina."

-- Nephele

Nephele

Ahlmice Aklakap

male

thanks in advance

mikeal1917, you are descended from that notable Camelius who served as physician to the emperor Augustus, and so you bear his nomen gentilicium as your own.

Although your cognomen of Ahala literally means "armpit," it is nevertheless notable as also having belonged to the nobility -- in particular, the Servilia gens.

Your praenomen is Publius, traditionally abbreviated as "P." Your full Roman name is:

P. Camelius Ahala

= Ahlmice Aklakap -kk +us

Cheers!

-- Nephele

My full name is: Amhtos Reddaw Lyculs

Just First and Last : Saohmt Lclyus

Thanks Nephele!

Edited by Sequens

Sequens, you are a member of the patrician Claudii, and so you bear the nomen gentilicium of "Claudius".

Your cognomen of "Moderatus" (meaning "restrained, controlled") emphasizes the no-nonsense Republican virtues of your ancestors.

Your praenomen is "Lucius", traditionally abbreviated as "L." Your full Roman name is:

L. Claudius Moderatus

= Amhtos Reddaw Lyculs -hwy +iuu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele