UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

L. Claudius Moderatus

-- Nephele

I really like that name, but it will be difficult, I am afraid to try and live up to the moderated & controlled part. On most forums I think I am thought of, more like Luniticus Immoderator ;)

Thanks So Much Nephele!

Petros Aletheias, you are a member of the Maenia gens, a plebeian gens that "produced several distinguished champions of the rights of the plebeian order."

Your cognomen is "Nero" which, in the ancient Sabine language, means "strong, valiant." Your praenomen is "Decimus," traditionally abbreviated as "D."

Your full Roman name is:

D. Maenius Nero

= ddbueoanenre -dbe +ism

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Titus Tiberius Crispus, you are a member of the Maria gens, related to "the celebrated C. Marius, the conqueror of the Cimbri and Teutones, who may be regarded as the founder of the gens."

Your cognomen of "Cethegolus" is a diminutive of a very old surname ("Cethegus") whose meaning is lost in history, but it was used by a branch of the Cornelii who were distinguished by the fashion of wearing their arms bare. It may be that your own family branch of the Marii adopted this cognomen because they copied the fashion of that branch of the Cornelii.

Your praenomen is "Gaius", traditionally abbreviated as "C." Your full Roman name is:

C. Marius Cethegolus

= Gumsta Rethog Cleck -gtk +ius

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

jcl3341, you are a member of the Horatii, an ancient patrician gens which spawned the famous, battling Horatii triplets.

Your cognomen is "Lanio", which means "I tear to pieces," indicating the ferocity of your particular branch of the Horatii.

Your praenomen is "Aulus", customarily abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Horatius Lanio

= rlnnsaojtnoaah -jnn +iiu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Ioannes Ahenobarbus. Male, thus the ahenobarbus :)

Welcome to UNRV, Ioannes Ahenobarbus! (And I'm sure you've sprouted an outstanding ahenobarbus for yourself, there).

The way this thing works, though, is that you provide me with a scramble of the letters of your own name, which I then blanagram into a Roman name for you. Your screen name is already a Roman name. :)

-- Nephele

Ioannes Ahenobarbus. Male, thus the ahenobarbus :lol:

Welcome to UNRV, Ioannes Ahenobarbus! (And I'm sure you've sprouted an outstanding ahenobarbus for yourself, there).

The way this thing works, though, is that you provide me with a scramble of the letters of your own name, which I then blanagram into a Roman name for you. Your screen name is already a Roman name. :)

-- Nephele

Does it need to be a scramble? I got nothing to hide. It's Kristian D'Amato :) I think you gotta kill that apostrophe though!

Nice game btw :)

Edit: Oh, and I'm male.

Edit2: And if you have to have it scrambled, use KraandatITsmio. No spaces or apostrophe.

Edited by Kristian D'Amato

Hi, Kristian. No, a scramble isn't necessary. I just ask people to scramble their names for privacy. But since privacy isn't a concern of yours, it doesn't matter.

You are a member of the Atinia gens. Although all the Atinii bore the cognomen of "Labeo" you differ significantly from them, having earned the cognomen of "Amator" ("lover") due to your prodigious.... reputation with the ladies.

Your praenomen is "Decimus," customarily abbreviated as "D." Your full Roman name is:

D. Atinius Amator

= Kristian D'Amato -k +u

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hi, Kristian. No, a scramble isn't necessary. I just ask people to scramble their names for privacy. But since privacy isn't a concern of yours, it doesn't matter.

You are a member of the Atinia gens. Although all the Atinii bore the cognomen of "Labeo" you differ significantly from them, having earned the cognomen of "Amator" ("lover") due to your prodigious.... reputation with the ladies.

Your praenomen is "Decimus," customarily abbreviated as "D." Your full Roman name is:

D. Atinius Amator

= Kristian D'Amato -k +u

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Haha! Cool! Didn't need much changing there with the cognomen!

The only thing I don't like is that I never made consul :|

little_boots, you are a member of the Ancharia gens, making you related to Q. Ancharius, a tribune of the plebs who opposed Caesar's agrarian law in 59 BCE, "and in consequence of his services to the aristocratical party obtained the praetorship" in 56 BCE.

Your cognomen is "Caper," meaning "he-goat". Your praenomen is "Tiberius," customarily abbreviated as "Ti." Your full Roman name is:

Ti. Ancharius Caper

= iipaarknrcenahte -ken +cus

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele