UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Theophore Terence Anguish!! :punk: I'll have to refer to you by that name from now on.

Thanks for welcoming me Nephele

Here's my name

"eyinmotolpatntiesoarart" or with no middle names "otlisontnyaat" and I am male

Good Luck

salotis

Salotis, you are a member of the Antonia gens. According to the triumvir, Marc Antony, the ancestor of your gens was a son of Hercules.

Your cognomen is "Tito," which is a derivative of the praenomen "Titus," a name of Sabine origin. Your praenomen is "Lucius," traditionally abbreviated as "L." Your full Roman name is:

L. Antonius Tito

= otlisontnyaat -ya +iu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

snaaretonpnogar

(consider him a barbarian of an unwelcome nature)

Salotis, you are a member of the Antonia gens. According to the triumvir, Marc Antony, the ancestor of your gens was a son of Hercules.

Your cognomen is "Tito," which is a derivative of the praenomen "Titus," a name of Sabine origin. Your praenomen is "Lucius," traditionally abbreviated as "L." Your full Roman name is:

L. Antonius Tito

= otlisontnyaat -ya +iu

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thanks for the name Nephele. My dad always told me (along with my Italian relatives) that his side originated from Rome. One of my Italian cousins traced our family tree back to the late 1400's but couldn't go any further .They all reside in north western Italy now.I've always been interested in the my roots becuase of this. It would be nice to trace it all the way back to the Roman Empire one day.

L.Antonius Tito

You're welcome, Salotis. If you'd like to tell me precisely where in northwestern Italy your cousins reside, I'll check the maps from my book, Voting Districts of the Roman Republic, and see if I can figure out what tribe your cousins might have belonged to had they lived back in the time of ancient Rome.

Faustus, didn't I give you the name of T. Thoranius Dignatus awhile back? Time for a new Roman alias for you then, eh? ;) I'll get to work on it and get back to you.

-- Nephele

snaaretonpnogar

Faustus, here's your "barbarian of an unwelcome nature":

Tyrannos Paragon

= snaaretonpnogar -e +y

"A paragon of tyranny."

-- Nephele

snaaretonpnogar

Faustus, here's your "barbarian of an unwelcome nature":

Tyrannos Paragon

= snaaretonpnogar -e +y

"A paragon of tyranny."

-- Nephele

Thank you. You keep great records, and you found a perfect match in only 25 minutes!

Thank you. You keep great records, and you found a perfect match in only 25 minutes!

Thanks, Faustus. Here's something more Latin/Roman out of your scramble:

A. Annius Regnator

= snaaretonpnogar -op +iu

A. for "Aulus," member of the Annia gens, cognomen "Regnator" meaning "ruler; king".

-- Nephele

You're welcome, Salotis. If you'd like to tell me precisely where in northwestern Italy your cousins reside, I'll check the maps from my book, Voting Districts of the Roman Republic, and see if I can figure out what tribe your cousins might have belonged to had they lived back in the time of ancient Rome.

Faustus, didn't I give you the name of T. Thoranius Dignatus awhile back? Time for a new Roman alias for you then, eh? B) I'll get to work on it and get back to you.

-- Nephele

My relatives on my dad's side are now in the area of Castell' Arquato in the province of Piacenza.If you check out the Google map just type in Castell' Arquato and you'll find it.

Thanks again

Salotis

My relatives on my dad's side are now in the area of Castell' Arquato in the province of Piacenza.If you check out the Google map just type in Castell' Arquato and you'll find it.

Thanks again

Salotis

I found where Castell'Arquato would have been on my ancient map of the Roman tribes. It's to the south of Florentia (modern-day Fiorenzuola d'Arda) and to the west of Fidentia (modern-day Fidenza) in the Arda Valley.

The tribe that appears on the map encompassing this area is the Galeria Tribe. So, now you know that your relatives would have been of the Galerii, if they'd lived in that area back in ancient Roman days. B)

-- Nephele

"In my hands", I have irrefutable proof positive that Tyrannos Paragon is an itinerant ditch digger cum bathroom attendant! ;)

B)

"In my hands", I have irrefutable proof positive that Tyrannos Paragon is an itinerant ditch digger cum bathroom attendant! B)

What you have in your hands has nothing to do with the Paragon Of Tyranny. no2.gif He does not hang-out in bathrooms. No comment on ditch-digging which is a noble trade IN DEED

Thanks again

Salotis

I found where Castell'Arquato would have been on my ancient map of the Roman tribes. It's to the south of Florentia (modern-day Fiorenzuola d'Arda) and to the west of Fidentia (modern-day Fidenza) in the Arda Valley.

The tribe that appears on the map encompassing this area is the Galeria Tribe. So, now you know that your relatives would have been of the Galerii, if they'd lived in that area back in ancient Roman days. B)

-- Nephele

Thanks again

Salotis

-- Nephele

You're right on with the area.I like how you gave me the old Roman names for the cities.That's interesting about giving me the name of the tribe.I have to find out if they lived in the area all along .I think they moved north in the 1400's or maybe earlier.The problem is my cousin couldn't go back any further.The name of the tribe might help him.

Thanks again Nephele

Salotis

"In my hands", I have irrefutable proof positive that Tyrannos Paragon is an itinerant ditch digger cum bathroom attendant! ;)

What you have in your hands has nothing to do with the Paragon Of Tyranny. no2.gif He does not hang-out in bathrooms. No comment on ditch-digging which is a noble trade IN DEED

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! A likely retort. Tell it to the Fleet Gyrines! :P

B)

Edited by Gaius Octavius