UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

VeniVici, You are a descendant of P. Tedetius, a senator mentioned by Josephus in chapter 10, volume 14 of his Antiquities of the Jews ("Concessions That the Romans Granted to the Jews").

Your cognomen of "Roboratus" means "strong; powerful." Your victory agnomen of "Cantaber" was bestowed upon you for meritorious military service in the region of Cantabria, in north-western Hispania (Spain).

Your praenomen is "Numerius," customarily abbreviated as "N." Your full Roman name is:

N. Tedetius Roboratus Cantaber

=

caaouernsnberbtrdwaottyeyt -wyy +ius

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

esadin zebeltiah iywhtt

female.

looking forward to what I am :P

ocajoahorrbneakc

i'm a male i think lol

but i am a male

Artimi, you are the daughter of Gaius Sosius, who first briefly united himself with Pompey during Rome's civil war, and then switched sides to Caesar. Josephus tells of how your father, in 37 BCE, "advanced against Jerusalem along with Herod, and after hard fighting became master of the city, and placed Herod upon the throne." Marcus Antonius granted your father a triumph in 34 BCE, and the consulship in 32 BCE. Your name of "Sosiolla" is an affectionate feminine diminutive of your father's name.

Your cognomen is "Reduta," meaning "sequestered; withdrawn," for your father tries to keep you confined to your chambers in the safety of the domus, as befitting a proper Roman lady of marriageable age. Your father doesn't always succeed, however.

Your full Roman name is:

Sosiolla Reduta

= KaoedolAtlrsus -k +i

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Sinead, you are the daughter of Sextus Tedius, the senator who "carried the corpse of Clodius to Rome, after the murder of the latter by Milo." Your name of "Tedina" is an affectionate feminine diminutive of your father's name.

Your cognomen of "Histra" is a feminine form of "Hister," the Roman name for the lower part of what is today known as the Danube River, describing a somewhat wild, uncontrollable individual. Your father feels you were aptly nicknamed, as you don't always behave as a proper young Roman lady.

Your full Roman name is:

Tedina Histra

= esadin iywhtt -yw +ar

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Airen, you are a descendant of Gaius Orchius, the "tribune of the plebs in the third year after the consulship of Cato" (181 BCE)... who was "the author of a sumtuaria lex, limiting the number of guests to be present at entertainments."

Your cognomen of "Cantaber" is an honorific given to you for having distinguished yourself in the Cantabrian Wars (29 BCE - 19 BCE) during the conquest of Hispania.

Your praenomen is "Aulus," customarily abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Orchius Cantaber

= ocajoahorrbneakc -joak +iust

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

I am male. nubius thanks you in advance.

All three names:

jmaspntohieuefebrsaarhc

First and last:

miahusreaftebnrac

Middle and last:

heshauejfebrpsaoc

First and middle:

riejtosmpnha

nubius, you are the son of that Faberius who was one of the private secretaries of Caesar. "After Caesar's assassination [44 BCE], Antony attached to himself Faberius, by whose aid he inserted whatever he chose into the late dictator's papers."

Your cognomen of "Cantaber" is an honorific given to you for having distinguished yourself in the Cantabrian Wars (29 BCE - 19 BCE) during the conquest of Hispania.

Your praenomen is "Marcus," customarily abbreviated as "M." Your full Roman name is:

M. Faberius Cantaber

= miahusreaftebnrac -h +l

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Your praenomen is "Marcus," customarily abbreviated as "M." Your full Roman name is:

M. Faberius Cantaber

= miahusreaftebnrac -h +l

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thanks, this is a very nice welcome to the forum.

Tedina Histra

cooooool :D thanks a million

vox stellarum, you are a member of the Mucia gens, a very ancient patrician house, which existed in later times as a plebeian house. Your name of "Mucilla" is a feminine diminutive of your father's nomen gentilicium.

Your cognomen of "Tarracinensis" indicates that your family originally came from the town of Tarracina in Latium.

Your full Roman name is:

Mucilla Tarracinensis

= ilkem aysin arslanturk -kky +cci

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hi,

My full name is: Philippe (First) Michel (Middle) Vaillancourt (Last)

Thanks,

Edited by Neoflash