UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Actually that could well creep into my book at some point.

(Not a fake Roman passport obviously, just the name)

It has a remarkable relevance to parts of the plot.

There are a lot of cryptic horse references already.

Edited by Trethiwr

By the way, why is it a 'blanagram'

and not a

Romanogram? :)

By the way, why is it a 'blanagram'

and not a

Romanogram? :)

I like that term -- "Romanogram"! Perhaps I should use it, as these blanagrams aren't strict blanagrams. An acutal blanagram consistes of the substitution of a single letter. But necessity (in creating likely Roman names out of people's name scrambles) often requires more than one letter to be substituted.

-- Nephele

Well if you would like Romanogram, you can have it.

It is a very small repayment for all the great info you and the other boards members have furnished me with so far.

:)

HnshnjbeatannZliooee

Female

Hi, Hannah Joeline. Your scramble is a bit long to come up with a plausible feminine Roman name. Could you please shorten it a bit by removing your middle name from it? Thanks!

-- Nephele

HnshnjbeatannZliooee

Female

Hi, Hannah Joeline. Your scramble is a bit long to come up with a plausible feminine Roman name. Could you please shorten it a bit by removing your middle name from it? Thanks!

-- Nephele

Hannah Joeline, since you didn't respond to my question, I'll assume that "Joeline" is your middle name in the scramble you gave me, and I'll remove those letters.

You are a freedwoman, as indicated by your cognomen of "Habens" ("having," suggestive of possessed qualities, or possession itself). Your former master was none other than the triumvir Marcus Antonius, and you were freed by his will, upon his tragic death in Egypt. As is customary, you took the feminine form of your former master's name for your own name. Your full Roman name is:

Antonia Habens

= HnshnbeatanZo -hz +ia

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Takes some spirit to do what you are doing!

I'd love to give it a try!

Here are the data:

First: Tnaohasias

Last: Koimlcshaa

Both: SliasoahkaAomnstchia

Sex: Male

Note: First and Last letters are not preserved

Edited by Beholder

Beholder, you are a member of the Ascii, a gens that gave birth to the artist Ascius Priscus, noted in the time of the Emperor Vespasian for having painted his temple dedicated to Virtue and Honor.

Your praenomen is a rare one -- "Hostus," customarily abbreviated as "Host."

Your cognomen is "Manio," which is derived from the praenomen "Manius," believed to refer to one who was born early in the morning.

You bear an adoptive cognomen as well -- "Ahala," meaning "wing," and referring to one with a prominent shoulder. You bear this cognomen because you were adopted into the Servilii Ahalae. Customarily, one might have expected your adoptive name to be Servilius Ascianus -- but instead you chose to retain your birth name and add your adoptive father's cognomen to your name, as per the example of Decimus Junius Brutus Albinus, born to the Junii Bruti and adopted by Aulus Postumius Albinus.

Your full Roman name is:

Host. Ascius Manio Ahala

= SliasoahkaAomnstchia -k +u

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Wow, that's actually better than my real name!

I actually spelled it out loud a few times and it sounds great!

That's a REALLY interesting hobby you got!

This looks interesting; I am a male and here is my name scrambled:

WtheislImlenpaO

Titus Trebatius Sacerdos, you are a member of the Aemilii, one of the most prominent of the gentes in producing the greatest number of magistrates for the Roman Republic.

Your cognomen is "Mallo," meaning "the stem of onions," possibly a metonymic name

indicating that your particular branch of the Aemilii originally made their living as farmers and/or onion-dealers.

Your praenomen is "Lucius," customarily abbreviated as "L." Your full Roman name is:

L. Aemilius Mallo

= WiimallO'Mellay -wy +us

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Titus Trebatius Sacerdos, you are a member of the Aemilii, one of the most prominent of the gentes in producing the greatest number of magistrates for the Roman Republic.

Your cognomen is "Mallo," meaning "the stem of onions," possibly a metonymic name

indicating that your particular branch of the Aemilii originally made their living as farmers and/or onion-dealers.

Your praenomen is "Lucius," customarily abbreviated as "L." Your full Roman name is:

L. Aemilius Mallo

= WiimallO'Mellay -wy +us

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thanks

Guest Toppers

ok here you go for mine:

rytrokroec

or to give me my full name it would be

ctreoroeknec

Edited by Toppers