UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Gaius Julius Camillus, your lady friend Sestia is a daughter of the patrician Sestii, whose most distinguished member was perhaps the consul of 452 BCE, Publius Sestius Capitolinus Vaticanus.

Your lady friend's cognomen is "Contenta," bestowed upon her by her pater in praise of her contented and cheerful disposition. Her full Roman name is:

Sestia Contenta

= Eatsyc nna Tsneo -yt +is

Felicitations to your lady friend!

-- Nephele

Echo_of_your_past, I've scrambled your name for you to proctect your privacy. I also had to remove your middle name, as it was just a few too many letters to work with. Here you go!

You are a member of the Lusia gens, having come to this gens first as a slave of the praetorian prefect, Lusius Geta (who served under the emperor Claudius in 48 C.E.). When Lusius made you his freedwoman, you took his gens name (in the feminine form), as was customary.

Your cognomen of Rhodanola indicates your place of origin -- as your Roman captors had named you for the Rhodanus river in Gaul (today known as the Rhone river), from the banks of which you had been captured.

Your full Roman name is:

Lusia Rhodanola

= sawahnalrdooly -wy +ui

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Echo_of_your_past, I've scrambled your name for you to proctect your privacy. I also had to remove your middle name, as it was just a few too many letters to work with. Here you go!

You are a member of the Lusia gens, having come to this gens first as a slave of the praetorian prefect, Lusius Geta (who served under the emperor Claudius in 48 C.E.). When Lusius made you his freedwoman, you took his gens name (in the feminine form), as was customary.

Your cognomen of Rhodanola indicates your place of origin -- as your Roman captors had named you for the Rhodanus river in Gaul (today known as the Rhone river), from the banks of which you had been captured.

Your full Roman name is:

Lusia Rhodanola

= sawahnalrdooly -wy +ui

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Thank you very much :blink:

San :)

Hello Nephele,

here is my scrambled name, thanks for turning me into a Roman soon. :-)

ecsaudrnneivndu

Oh, nearly forgot: I am male.

regards

soon not to be known anymore as "ecsaudrnneivndu"

Edited by DuncanDee

DuncanDee, you are a member of the Vedii, a Roman clan to which also belonged a Publius Vedius who was a close friend of Pompey's. Cicero gossiped about the extravagant and scandalous nature of this Vedius in one of his letters to his friend Atticus:

I was told all this by P. Vedius, a hare-brained fellow enough, but yet an intimate friend of Pompey

Since I've been doing these Hidden Roman Names here for some time, I figured it's time to update this posting, and provide a new scrambling tool.

What I do here is find your "hidden" Roman name in your own name through the art of anagram or blanagram. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been exchanged for another.

In my Hidden Roman Names blanagrams, I may exchange more than one letter, because a masculine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i", "u", and "s". A feminine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i" and "a".

All you need to do is provide me with a scramble of your name (and let me know whether you are male or female). I ask you to scramble your name for privacy. Here is a scrambling tool if you need help:

Scramble Me! (don't leave spaces between your first, middle, and last names as your type them out)

If your name scramble is too long to work with, I may ask you to remove a middle name. Or, to save time, you may provide me with both a scramble of your first/middle/last name and just your first/last name. Don't forget to let me know whether you are male or female!

Your resulting Roman name will be uniquely your own, as it will be created from the rearranged letters of your existing name. You may even receive your ancient Roman "family history", to go with your new name.

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

rraaddeeohkbintu

I am female.

Thank you.

rraaddeeohkbintu

I am female.

Thank you.

USAurelia, your scramble is a bit long. Can you give me a scramble with just first/last or first/middle names? Thanks!

-- Nephele

DuncanDee, you are a member of the Vedii, a Roman clan to which also belonged a Publius Vedius who was a close friend of Pompey's. Cicero gossiped about the extravagant and scandalous nature of this Vedius in one of his letters to his friend Atticus:

I was told all this by P. Vedius, a hare-brained fellow enough, but yet an intimate friend of Pompey

Fides Nemo, you come from an old Italian gens

Since I've been doing these Hidden Roman Names here for some time, I figured it's time to update this posting, and provide a new scrambling tool.

What I do here is find your "hidden" Roman name in your own name through the art of anagram or blanagram. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been exchanged for another.

In my Hidden Roman Names blanagrams, I may exchange more than one letter, because a masculine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i", "u", and "s". A feminine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i" and "a".

All you need to do is provide me with a scramble of the letters of your first and last names (and let me know whether you are male or female). I ask you to scramble your name for privacy. Here is a scrambling tool if you need help:

Scramble Me! (don't leave spaces between your first, middle, and last names as your type them out)

Your resulting Roman name will be uniquely your own, as it will be created from the rearranged letters of your existing name. You may even receive your ancient Roman "family history", to go with your new name.

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

cimtilheiaylnner is my legal name scrambled and I'm a female. I'm curious because I'm writing a historical set in the 5th century and I can always use good names. Also, I'm open to any Goth, Frank and Visigoth names. Dark Lord might be a bit unbelievable, but I might be able to squeak by with Darcamir or Luthdarc, Darcaveche. <g>

cimtilheiaylnner is my legal name scrambled and I'm a female. I'm curious because I'm writing a historical set in the 5th century and I can always use good names. Also, I'm open to any Goth, Frank and Visigoth names. Dark Lord might be a bit unbelievable, but I might be able to squeak by with Darcamir or Luthdarc, Darcaveche. <g>

Ha! Subcultural "goth" is more my style. ;) In addition to Roman blanagrammed names...

Cinzia8, you are the daughter of Marcus Caetennius Antigonus and Tullia Secunda, who will be known to later generations thanks to the discovery of their tomb in the Vatican necropolis. (ref. Death and Burial in the Roman World, by Jocelyn M.C. Toynbee)

As with all Roman maidens, you are named for the gens of your father