UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Salve, Lady N. Let my try a blanagram for you, pleeease.

You

Gippy, you are a member of the patrician gens Curtia, which produced the consul Caius Curtius Philo in the 5th century B.C.E. and the historian Quintus Curtius Rufus who was a contemporary of the Emperor Claudius.

Your cognomen of Clementia means "mildness; sweetness", describing your most admired attribute that makes you greatly sought after by the young, unmarried patrician males of Rome. Clementia is also the name of the Roman goddess of mercy, and this is the name you go by.

Your full Roman name is:

Curtia Clementia

riicetanklnCMet -kn +au

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Gippy, you are a member of the patrician gens Curtia, which produced the consul Caius Curtius Philo in the 5th century B.C.E. and the historian Quintus Curtius Rufus who was a contemporary of the Emperor Claudius.

Your cognomen of Clementia means "mildness; sweetness", describing your most admired attribute that makes you greatly sought after by the young, unmarried patrician males of Rome. Clementia is also the name of the Roman goddess of mercy, and this is the name you go by.

Your full Roman name is:

Curtia Clementia

riicetanklnCMet -kn +au

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Oh I like that name, :rolleyes: thanks Nephele

Nephele,

For the invite to scramble, I thank you. I have a praenomen of the 59% category (female variation) and an Italian (before that Greek) last name indicative of geographical place so this will be engaging. Let's see what it does. I attempted the scramble; the message came back that band width is exceeded so I will submit it again later.

Spelta

I have a praenomen of the 59% category (female variation)

Ah, I see you read my article on Roman naming practices! I'm looking forward to doing your name, Spelta, as I don't get too many opportunities to blanagram feminine Roman names. If you're still having trouble with that scrambling link I provided, you may want to try scrambling your name by hand. Just be count all the letters before and after, to make sure you haven't left one out after scrambling.

-- Nephele

Nottingham Rob, you are now "Nottingham Rex," as your cognomen of Rex suggests that your ancestors were of kingly demeanor. (Or, it may be that you acquired that particular cognomen as a nickname, to suggest that you have somewhat of an imperious nature.)

Your nomen gentilicium of Trebius shows that you belong to a noble line, sharing the same gens with M. Trebius Gallus (one of Caesar's officers in Gaul in 58 B.C.E.), Trebius Sergianus (consul under Hadrian in 132 C.E.), and Trebius Niger (who wrote a work on natural history that was referred to by Pliny).

Your praenomen is "Aulus", abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Trebius Rex

(reermtaxoby -moy +ius)

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

THADDAEVS CAESAR, Salve! No, your Roman name wouldn't be "Robertvs Thaddaevs Obacchvs". ;) The first two wouldn't really pass as a praenomen and nomen gentilicium, although you might get away with that last one as a cognomen (there were thousands of cognomina, and not all of their meanings are known).

I like the fact that you devised "Bacchus" out of your surname! In fact, you've inspired me...

You are a member of the gens Heronia, which is a rare transcription found and believed to be related to Herennia, a gens of Samnite origin which by a Samnite invasion became established in Campania and, later on, a plebeian house in Rome (See Smith's).

Your praenomen is "Titus", abbreviated as "T."

Your cognomen is the best of all, consisting of two parts: "Bacchus Beator". This means "Man Who Brings the Blessings of Bacchus, God of Wine". This honorary cognomen/nickname was conferred upon you by your fellow Roman citizens, in recognition of your generosity in providing wine to all during Roman festivals.

Your full Roman name is:

T. Heronius Bacchus Beator

(robertino thaddeus obach -ddo +cus)

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Ah, I see you read my article on Roman naming practices! I'm looking forward to doing your name, Spelta, as I don't get too many opportunities to blanagram feminine Roman names. If you're still having trouble with that scrambling link I provided, you may want to try scrambling your name by hand. Just be count all the letters before and after, to make sure you haven't left one out after scrambling.

-- Nephele

-- Nephele

Hello, Nephele

Here is the scramble for you and it's a long one (first, middle, last name): ananssoonemhcantir

Spelta

Hello, Nephele

Here is the scramble for you and it's a long one (first, middle, last name): ananssoonemhcantir

Spelta

Hi, Spelta. Yep, that's a long one, all right. Would you mind removing your middle name from the scramble for me? Thanks!

-- Nephele

Well, Spelta, since I haven't heard back from you about shortening your scramble, I gave your original scramble another go.

You belong to the gens Ennia, making you related to Ennia Thrasylla, who was the mistress of Caligula. Your cognomen is "Constans," meaning "steadfast." You are the elder of two sisters, so you have the additional cognomen of "Maior." Your full Roman name is:

Ennia Constans Maior

= ananssoonemhcantir -h +i

-- Nephele