UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

okamido, you are a member of the Lartii, a proud patrician family that is descended from the famous Lartius who was Rome's first dictator (Titus Lartius Flavus).

Your cognomen is Dento, indicating that you have a full set of teeth (and quite a handsome smile, as a result). Your praenomen is Aulus, customarily abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Lartius Dento

= roewtlasndrat

okamido, you are a member of the Lartii, a proud patrician family that is descended from the famous Lartius who was Rome's first dictator (Titus Lartius Flavus).

Your cognomen is Dento, indicating that you have a full set of teeth (and quite a handsome smile, as a result). Your praenomen is Aulus, customarily abbreviated as "A." Your full Roman name is:

A. Lartius Dento

= roewtlasndrat

Could you do mine, pretty please?

salnbexaybtsnrsaieoramehdaemas

Of course get rid of some of the letters!!

Those are way too many letters, Marcellus Mastrannus. Please give me a scramble of just your first name and last name. Thanks!

-- Nephele

Could you do mine, pretty please?

salnbexaybtsnrsaieoramehdaemas

Of course get rid of some of the letters!!

Those are way too many letters, Marcellus Mastrannus. Please give me a scramble of just your first name and last name. Thanks!

-- Nephele

lol kk

ooops i forgot to post them :( v embarrassed sbaahaymntiess

:lol: I was wondering when you'd notice.

Marcellus Mastrannus, you are descended from that ill-fated imposter, Amatius "who pretended to be either the son or grandson of the great Marius. On the death of Julius Caesar B.C. 44, he came forward as a popular leader, and erected an altar to Caesar on the spot where his body had been burnt. He was, however, shortly afterwards seized by the consul Antony and put to death without a trial."

Unlike your ancestor, you have refrained from any tendencies towards impersonation of the famous, and have subsequently fared better. Like your ancestor, you bear the gens name of Amatius. However, your cognomen is Habens, literally meaning "having; holding," and indicating that you possess property and are very wealthy. Your praenomen is "Spurius," abbreviated as "S." Your full Roman name is:

S. Amatius Habens

= sbaahaymntiess

Yehudah, you come from a plebeian family

Salve Nephele,

Interesting idea

mersjninareriwseimtan

If there are to many you can leave the following out, as they are the letters of my second name (which I normally do not use):

atjnimr

And I'm a guy last time I checked

Optime Vale,

Macerinus

Edited by Macerinus

Macerinus, you are a member of the Marinii, a family that took their nomen from the cognomen of "Marinus" (meaning "of the sea"), as generations of sons distinguished themselves in the Roman navy.

Your cognomen of "Interemnia" was taken from the name of the town in Picenum, as your particular branch of the Marinii hailed from that area.

Your praenomen is "Servius," traditionally abbreviated as "Ser." Your full Roman name is:

Ser. Marinius Interemnia

= mersjninareriwseimtan -jw +iu

-- Nephele

Macerinus, you are a member of the Marinii, a family that took their nomen from the cognomen of "Marinus" (meaning "of the sea"), as generations of sons distinguished themselves in the Roman navy.

Your cognomen of "Interemnia" was taken from the name of the town in Picenum, as your particular branch of the Marinii hailed from that area.

Your praenomen is "Servius," traditionally abbreviated as "Ser." Your full Roman name is:

Ser. Marinius Interemnia

= mersjninareriwseimtan -jw +iu

-- Nephele

Salve Nephele,

Thank you for taking the time to mix some characters.

That is quite interesting!

I never heard of "Marinius", but it sounds nice and very fitting for someone who does a lot of water sports :).

Should Interemnia not be Interamnia? As that is an area in Italy

Optime Vale,

Macerinus

or,

Servius Marinius Interemnia :)

Edited by Macerinus

Salve Nephele,

Thank you for taking the time to mix some characters.

That is quite interesting!

I never heard of "Marinius", but it sounds nice and very fitting for someone who does a lot of water sports :).

Should Interemnia not be Interamnia? As that is an area in Italy

Optime Vale,

Macerinus

or,

Servius Marinius Interemnia :)

"Marinius" is a gens name based on the cognomen "Marinus." If any Marinii existed at all, they probably would have been a rare family. "Interemnia" is an actual cognomen attested to by Iiro Kajanto in his work The Latin Cognomina. It indicated a person associated in some way with the town of Interemnia in Picenum. There was also the cognomen "Interamna," which was associated with the towns of Interamna in Latium and Umbria.

Glad you enjoyed! :)

-- Nephele

This is really fun. Can you do mine?

mameonrciiok or if that's too long (it is in English, but it's what I got stuck with) try mnikoco

I'm female.

Thanks.