UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Clarkson Must Burn

WotWotius

Did anybody else read this Sunday Times article, in which Jeremy Clarkson expresses his 'indispensable' view on Archaeology.

My favourite quote from it being:

'Archeology, as we all know, is simply a tool that enables very stupid people to get into university. Fuse it with media studies and you end up with Tony Robinson.'

It's all right though; I have channelled my disgust for him via a letter to his desk:

Dear Jeremy,

I hope my descendants excavate your grave and spit in it. How can I trust the opinion of a man who cannot even spell the name of the subject he hates so much?

Regards

Some mentalist

• 3 weeks later...
Did anybody else read this Sunday Times article, in which Jeremy Clarkson expresses his 'indispensable' view on Archaeology.

My favourite quote from it being:

'Archeology, as we all know, is simply a tool that enables very stupid people to get into university. Fuse it with media studies and you end up with Tony Robinson.'

It's all right though; I have channelled my disgust for him via a letter to his desk:

Dear Jeremy,

I hope my descendants excavate your grave and spit in it. How can I trust the opinion of a man who cannot even spell the name of the subject he hates so much?

Regards

Some mentalist

I don't know who he is but, many historians don't like Archeology

LOL, that guy is a giant toddler, one of the many strange anomalies of mass media. Strangely enough, I do like to watch him abuse fast cars.

Yes, despite the fact that I agree with a sparse amount of his political and social views, the man is indeed very funny.

I have just re-read my original post, and, it seems that I must have written the above post in a moment of intense anger: the man is an arse, but a harmless one who should not be taken seriously.