UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

5.000 Years In 90 Seconds

Impressive

Impressive stuff. Strange that they made a guess at an Iranian Empire that conquers Israel in the near future.

Was it just me or were the borders of the Islamic Caliphate exaggerated in that animation, It certainly did not rule Eastern Europe and Constantinople in the Middle Ages, although it might have done after the Ottomans conquered Eastern Europe.

very nice animation.

Where goes the Seleucid Empire?

The Hellenistic Empires were portrayed as one entity -that of Alexander's Empire. Where were the Sumerians, or were they in existance 6,000 years ago?

Was it just me or were the borders of the Islamic Caliphate exaggerated in that animation, It certainly did not rule Eastern Europe and Constantinople in the Middle Ages, although it might have done after the Ottomans conquered Eastern Europe.

I think all the maps were the most optimistic representations. For instance the Roman Empire held Mesopotamia only for a number of years.

I replayed the clip againa nd it's been updated...the borders of the Islamic Cliphate has been changed, The Mongol Empire has been added and the assumption on the Iranian Empire of the future has been removed.

Good fun, but they do seem to slam together empires and times that are loosely associated with each other.

Now that is particularly impressive. It's always useful and interesting to see the territorial extents of the most influential empires of history, and seeing them put side by side with each other over the years is also very amazing to see. Whoever it was that put that map together is particularly clever.

They have now added the Sassanid Empire to the list. Strange that the other empires all disappear when they show a new one. You would have thought that the Byzantine Empire had collapsed at the time that the Sassanid Empire ruled according to that clip. Still, it would be too difficult to have the borders of those empires changing continually. If they add 'Saladin's Empire' then they should also add the territories of the Fatimid Empire as well seeing as Saladin conquered it's territory on his path to building an empire.