UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Ursus

UNRV American Meet 2007

I agree with Cato.

I think we need some way of electing the location other than going around in circles.

my humble proposition is...

On this thread it appears that Primus Pilus, Cato, and Ursus are the senior members.

why not let them be our 'Senate'.

These three elder statesmen can work up simple yes or no motions that can be put before the 'comitia' posted on this thread. We can then E-mail in our votes.

Hopefully this third Triumvirate will work out without civil war! :)

so, does anyone second me?

Ok, it was pretty much decided Easterners and Westerners will have their own affairs. You Westerners seem to be agreeable to the idea of a Vegas meeting - but you should start making plans now.

As for the Easterners, we need some ideas. There is a "Roman Days" event held outside DC, but it is rather early in the summer. I can't find much else going on, but then I am not exactly a reenactment groupie. If anyone has any ideas, throw them out.

That's the point - it has to be decided.

The "Roman Days" event is held outside DC in Prince George's County, Maryland (not the nicest place in the world).

I was hoping someone could suggest an alternative, especially if it is in a safer neighborhood.

Still not much discussion on this.

To be honest, I am not sure if I am still going at this point. Now that I have a significant other I am not as free to make my own decisions. I'll try to make it if I can.

I hate big cities, but NYC has been suggested more than once. There is plenty of culture and entertainment. It would also let our British friends so inclined to drop in on us.

What say you all?

I love NY, but it's difficult to imagine a more expensive choice for a meet. The Roman Days option still seems viable--there's nothing unsafe about Prince George's County.

Outside DC in early summer.

Yeah I know.

I just wanted to know some specifics (If there are any at this juncture)

Outside DC in early summer.

Yeah I know.

I just wanted to know some specifics (If there are any at this juncture)

According to their Calendar of Events, the 2007 Roman Days are scheduled for the weekend of June 2nd-3rd at Marietta Mansion in Glenn Dale, Maryland. Further details can be gotten from the links posted on the Calendar of Events webpage I gave.

-- Nephele

Edited by Nephele Carnalis

I'm not sure what is going to happen with the UNRV American meet. I'm not exactly getting a lot of feedback on it.

Some of the people in the West wanted a meeting at Las Vegas. One of the chief proponents of the Vegas meeting - Favonius - isn't even around much anymore. We decided to let the Westerners organize their own events, but I haven't seen any talk in this direction. Either everyone out West is too busy or just not interested. However it is, it's not this Pennsylvanian's problem.

That leaves the Eastern meeting, with either DC or New York. I have reservations about DC, while MPC finds NYC too expensive. Pantagathus can go either way. PP seems to favor the DC option. Others have not really voiced their opinion, aside from the people living in NYC who naturally favor their own turf.

I now have a significant other who is not exactly a history buff, and can't promise I'll make it. I will then bow out as de facto organizer and someone else can take over. Wherever the meeting is ultimately decided, I will try to make it - but if not, que sera sera.

It seems that regardless of what happens, GO is organizing a NYC meet. Even some British members have expressed interest in coming to NYC. Perhaps that could be the focus, but it is up to the rest of you.