UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

UNRV American Meet 2007

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys want to gather for a Roman event or just to meet up and talk about Roman things? What is the intention and purpose, if it's for the sake of seeing one another a cetralized place would be the best option. If only we all lived in Britain having everything within a 10 mile radius. :ph34r:

D.F., see: http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5955

Nothing in that is chiseled in stone. Present your ideas! I am certain that N. Carnalis would do an excellent job at setting Roman things up and finding inexpensive, decent places to stay. I am sure that N.C. knows more about NYC and its museums and eateries than most anyone. Dates very seldom matter to me. I'll help in conveying four people around in my chariot. Would just love to meet MPC :ph34r: .

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

• 2 months later...

Having just returned from Baltimore, I offer the following suggestion for those opposed to New York.

The Walters Art Museum has a fine collection of Greco-Roman and other ancient relics. Admission is absolutely free thanks to grants from the city. I found some of the items breathtaking.

Nearby are many fine restaurants and pubs that cater to all types of tastes and financial sensibilities (my favorite is this little Irish pub called O'Shea's ...). There is a great hotel within walking distance of the museum. There is also within walking distance an outstanding Basilica for those into neoclassical architecture. Baltimore is also famous for its Inner Harbor for those who appreciate fish and ships (personally I don't, but whatever).

If you get bored of Baltimore, DC is within driving distance.

I'm not sure if the 2007 American meet is salvageable, but perhaps 2008 for those interested?