UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Ursus

UNRV American Meet 2007

Does it have to be a big city? I'd be happy meeting at a Roman reenactment in some quaint suburb.

I guess not, any place where we have unlimited access to drinks will do, but we still have to decide which state to meet in, then we can decide city or suburbs.

I am new here but would be ineterested, the place matters not. Just to speak with those that share a common interest would get me there.

Heh, I don't suppose anyone owns a big mansion we can all crash at? That would make things somewhat cheaper. :D

sure!!! you can use my villa in Tivoli.... ;)

Edited by Cohort

America is way too big to meet in one place. DC sounds good but how about the people in the Midwest and West Coast?

I highly doubt my family will go out of their way to take me anywhere unless it is relatively close.

Man, I wish I was older. :(

I'm ok with NY or Vegas, as I do go there often. NY is driving distance for me.

Roman Days looks like it could be quite fun. In one previous event, they had a very nice demonstration of a falx cutting through a scutum like nobody's business. On other hand, I'm not too interested in running out to purchase a toga or lorica hamata, so I hope we don't have to dress in period merely to attend the event.

From what I've read of the site, period clothing is optional. I'll do more research. Maybe I can find alternative gatherings as well.

From what I've read of the site, period clothing is optional. I'll do more research. Maybe I can find alternative gatherings as well.

Unfortunately, its a bit too early in season for me, but something that like is clearly a good idea for a meeting point.

I'm not too much into the "costume" thing myself, unless the meeting is at the very hotel you're staying at and you can just pop back into your room, as you are kind of restricted in your movements either before or after the meeting.

I would just like to add my a couple comments...

One... this is a great idea...

and two... depending on where it is... I will do my best to attend, but I am Midwest located, (Chi-town), so... if it is NY or LV or DC, not sure if I can get the cash to fly out... though... I might be able to swing it.

I haven't had much time to research further areas. Perhaps later this month.

However it needs to be decided here and now whether

1) There is is to be one national meeting

or

2) There are to be two regional meetings, one centered out West by LV and the other in the East somewhere between NYC and DC.

If the latter option is chosen then Westerners and Easterners can begin making their own plans independently of each other.