UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
brotus maximus

A Book Called Spartan

a couple of summers ago i remember stumbling apon a fictional book in a british public libary (in bury saint edmonds if u must know) and the book was called "Spartan" and it was a dam good book though it was by this older gentleman who had a greek sounding name if any one has at all read this book and actualy know the authers name (oh the book was about a guy who's story starts when he is a child and his dad dies in a famoud battle that had the romans in it i think, also i think he also looked after sheep and also a brother but i remember that his family was murderd or something like that)

if any ine know's the name of the auther pleas let me know i badly want to read the book again i thought the book was awresome.

sincerly

brotus maximus

A.K.A

Riddick

yeah, it was by Valerio Massimo Manfredi Spartan is about a spartan boy (called Tallos i think) who is cripled, and so his family have to abandon him, and he is raised by a hellot goat heard.

you should read some of the other stuff by him; his alexander series is good, and the last legion is well writen, if a little fancifull

thanx a bunch man that helps alot and sorry bout by spelling before hand it was pretty bad

but thanx alot

Riddick

a.k.a

no probs. happy to help ;) . dont worry about the spelling, im little better.