UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lost_Warrior

I Do Not Believe This

I could not BELIEVE my eyes. Blue sky, a few fair weather clouds, and four rainbows crisscrossing the sky! And what's more, I actually managed to photograph them! :P

The bottom two are a little faint in the photo, I wish they had come out better. The rainbows formed a pattern like this: )( () (turn it on it's side so the "prongs" are facing upward)

This photo is completely unedited (except for the copyright mark)

4rainbowscopy.jpg

This one was edited slightly in an attempt to make the rainbows more visible:

4rainbowsenhancedcopy.jpg

I've seen a full-circle rainbow before on a bus back from Indianapolis. It had just poured, and I couldn't believe what I saw. Later on that same trip I saw double rainbows too.

That would be crazy! Was it raining?

Not where I was at, but I was on foothills overlooking plains during the strange thunderstorm weather we have here in the summer.

There was definitely no rain here, or in the area either. Someone said they were called "sun dogs" and meant cold weather was coming but I've never heard of such a thing and neither had others. At any rate, it's unheard of in PA!

My suggestion would be "sun dogs" also:

http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/halo/parhelia.htm

There is no such thing as a full circle rainbow...where else would leprechauns place their pots of gold?

Edited by WotWotius

Right in the center! Duh...

Yea, there were pics on the news of "sun dogs" in PA, but the rest of them my mom said WERE full circle rainbows. Still, I've never seen them or even heard of them, I've lived in PA all my life. Mom said she'd heard of them but had no clue what they were....