UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Cookie Woes?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With IE cookies, it may be difficult to find all of them.

In IE to go Tools > Internet Options...

On the 'General' tab of the popup window, click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' section.

In the Settings popup window, click the 'View Files...' button to bring up another poup window that will contain your cookies and some other files.

This new window has rows of files and columns of information - (Name, Internet Address, Type, etc). To make sure that you are able to see the cookies together in alphabetical order - first click on 'Name' to order the rows by name, then click on 'Type' to also order by file type.

Scroll down to the Text Document type files. Cookies wil start with.... 'Cookie:'. Remember to get rid of unrv.com, .unrv.com, and www.unrv.com.

I don't want to do anything like that on this computer. I actually have it set not to log me in automatically on most sites on this comp because I don't want to forget to log out and have someone happen to see the sites i was on. Not that I think they would, but still.

• 3 months later...
With IE cookies, it may be difficult to find all of them.

In IE to go Tools > Internet Options...

On the 'General' tab of the popup window, click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' section.

In the Settings popup window, click the 'View Files...' button to bring up another poup window that will contain your cookies and some other files.

This new window has rows of files and columns of information - (Name, Internet Address, Type, etc). To make sure that you are able to see the cookies together in alphabetical order - first click on 'Name' to order the rows by name, then click on 'Type' to also order by file type.

Scroll down to the Text Document type files. Cookies wil start with.... 'Cookie:'. Remember to get rid of unrv.com, .unrv.com, and www.unrv.com.

I'm unable to log out, I've just gone through this whole procedure but to no avail, i still can't log out...... please help :unsure::(

I'm unable to log out, I've just gone through this whole procedure but to no avail, i still can't log out...... please help :unsure::(

Are you using IE?

Yes, but don't worry about it now, I've managed to finally sort it out thanks to your guidance in previous posts.

I'm glad you know what your doing because I havn't got a clue.

Cheers Moon!

• 2 weeks later...

Moonlapse is correct. The reason for the problem is because cookies are dated to expire at a certain date. Most sites that have features such as "log me in forever" automatically renew cookies, but apparently this site does not. So, if one has been logged in for a long enough time, the cookie will expire and the board refuses to write a new one because it thinks you're permanently logged in when you're not.

This is why deleting cookies (which can be done manually, so you don't lose them all--this requires some computer skill) will solve the problem.