UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Legio II Augvsta...

Pertinax

A link provided by my friend Rufus Ephibius from the "Apicius " group, he and I were chatting about lead poisoning of foodstuffs and military supplies (in Rome and the well known "Erebus and Terror" case) , and he mentioned his membership of this worthy organisation:

http://www.ad43.org/

I hope this might fruitful for future re-enactment events on the "other side of the herring pond".

Interesting site. It was worth seeing to see that Roman re-enactors have made arm manicas and other rarer pieces of armours. The only problem is that some of their picture links are broken. Will the Legio II Avgvsta be coming to Britain, perhaps to Caerleon (the home of the II Avgvsta) any time to join with British re-enactors, like the Italians and french did a few years ago?

I have only recently made contact with this group (via Rufus), so I will let you all know what plans they may have when I have been able to speak further. I think the website is "under construction" at present. I will update when I have more news from Rufus.