Sign in to follow this  
Ursus

Poll - American meet 2007

2007 meeting - national or regional  

15 members have voted

1. 1. what works best for you?

• National meeting in Vegas
    • Two regional meetings: West in Vegas, East in NYC or DC

There have been essentially two proposals for the 2007 American meet.

1) A national meeting in Las Vegas for gambling, night life and excursions to California

2) Two regional meetings. The West centered around Vegas, The East centered around either NYC or DC or some point in between

When choosing take into account how far you would be willing to travel and what your favorite locale is.

Well, I would hope we have more than a mere 12 members interested.

Nonetheless ... yes. Unless there is a major turn in the polls, it appears there will be two regional meetings in 2007. The two camps can begin making plans independently of each other.

Am I correct that there are three from PA (Ursus, Lost Warrior, and CiceroD), two from OH (Spurius and myself), one from Michigan (PP), one from NYC (Clodius), and a couple from Chicago (FVC and somebody who will probably hate me for forgetting him/her)? Who else is east of the Miss with a desire and means to travel? From those I mentioned, it would seem like Pittsburgh would be within easy driving distance for at least 5 members.

Edited by M. Porcius Cato

Pittsburg does make a lot of sense logistically, but what can we do there?

Watch the locals get drunk and still revel in their Superbowl win.

Be on the lookout for Roman themed events - reenactments, etc. They are usually held in suburbs of big cities. I will see if there are any summer events in Pennsylvania that would suit our purposes.

Only if its a duly certified Roman themed event, like a reenactment.

Otherwise, I want to be able to walk into a bar and grill without people thinking I am already drunk....

If we have it in Pittsburgh I am interested since I am from there. ;) It is cenrtrally located even if you live somewhere in Michigan it's about a 4 hour drive maybe less. Some live in Chicago so that is a bit of a far reach. I know I will probably screw myself for saying this, but have you guys considered Toledo?

I know I will probably screw myself for saying this, but have you guys considered Toledo?

Toledo would be great for those of us in Ohio/Michigan and even western PA, but its a bit of a stretch for the east coasters.

So, who's going to Las Vegas, it seems most of you are on the east coast. What's the minimum for the Las Vegas trip? so far we have only four votes including mine, I don't think 4 is enough to make the trip.

Well, from SFO to Vegas is fine for me...but it's an issue of timing. I don't know what kind of time I'll have between now and May. So, I'm highly interested, but don't know if I can join in. Who else is on the western front?