UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tflex

Islamic State of Iran

Has anyone watched Ted Koppel's documentary trip to Iran? There was a kid who was almost rebelliously pro-American. He had American clothes and an American bike, etc. One man wanted to say 'Hi' to president Bush among a crowd of other people. Some people criticized their current leaders. None of the people were openly hostile with the exception of criticism of our foreign policy. Do you guys think this is truly representative of people in Iran? I'm curious to know from anyone who would have some real life knowledge.

Dude, I'm Lebanese and in my country there is an Iranian backed militia called Hizbullah. If I express my pro-Israeli views or question Islam publicly, I will be kidnapped, tortured and murdered. So quit with your Fox news stuff. I live in the real word, I was in a war and fired my first gun at 13 years of age. There is a reason why it's called the Islamic Republic of Iran, because Islamic law is upheld. Read Sharia law for more info on what happens to the non-believers. But even in Iran there is corruption and exceptions to the law.

Also not to mention Lebanon is a Christian country!

I am also from the Middle East and this DOES happen. So those who want to deny it fool yourselves for all I care.

Edited by Rameses the Great

tflex,maybe you should join up and fight in the war with iran if it ever comes so i dont need to fight in a war that does not benefit my country/USA or the world,seems to me if we go to war with iran it would benefit a small country/israel and my countries corporations that would profit off of war.Seems to mean israel is getting nervous by the bomb and they want big brother to shed blood for them.Let iran get the nuke what would they do nuke usa and europe?If iran decided to nuke anyone it would be isreal.But iran would not do it b/c it would not benefit there country unless they like being occupied like iraq.RAMESES GREAT,lebanon is not a christian nation,infact there are more musslims than christians.

RAMESES GREAT,lebanon is not a christian nation,infact there are more musslims than christians.

It's pointless to point out the flaws in either yours or my states for politics is brutal and ever-changing.

However, you misunderstood Ramses. He did not try to say that Lebanon is wholly Christian, rather that a substantial part of Lebanon's history and culture is represented by its Maronite Christians, thus Lebanon can be identified by its Christian, Sunni, Shia, Druze, and other backgrounds.

Now, if you wanted to take this issue politically, the Christians and Sunnis vehemently oppose the radical Shia because of Hizbullah.

Note:

If you prefer a real majority by actually seperating the Muslims into their different sects, you would find out that Christians are the majority, then Sunnis, the Shias, and then Druzes.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Also the president of Lebanon is Christian. One of the few nations in the Middle East that does not have the name Arab in it.

For most arab nations, especially the small oil rich countries of the Gulf, a weak Iran it's great news. And the teocratic goverment does a great job at keeping it weak and isolated. They were a great power in the times of the last shah, Reza Pahlavi, and other countries like Iraq, Oman and Bahrain had to bow to it. Now it's a beckwater forced to do what Syria asks them to get some influence on a terorist group based on a local libanese comunity.

Even if they get some nukes they can not change much. Middle East it's not nuke free. Israel has lots of them. Pakistan it's building up. Across the Caspian sea Russia has a couple or more. US it's very present in the Gulf, Irak, Afghanistan and Turkey it's a NATO member.