UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Antiochus of Seleucia

Roman History Lessons

The Great Courses catalog has a variety of lectures given by numerous professors, but this dandy caught my eye:

Roman History

$519.95 on sale for $109.95??? I may have to check this out!

48 - half hour lectures spanning from 200BC to 200AD on nearly every aspect of Roman culture.

There are also lectures on many various different subjects such as physics, calculus, philosophy, and on how to argue. The latter may do well for a lot of people here. :ph34r:

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

Antiochus of Seleucia said:
The Great Courses catalog has a variety of lectures given by numerous professors, but this dandy caught my eye:

There are also lectures on many various different subjects such as physics, calculus, philosophy, and on how to argue. The latter may do well for a lot of people here. :lol:

I admit I've bought many of these lectures. (My wife insists too many!) And I've liked most all of them.

**Only buy them on sale, however. They go on sale several times a year, fortunately.

I would gladly participate in any thread discussing a course or answer questions concerning a specific course.

Edited by guy

Violentilla said:
Does anyone know how long the sales usually last?

Sales usually last at least a month. Fortunately, the courses are on sale several times a year.

Only buy the courses on sale, however.

Edited by guy

Just a heads up:

One of my favorite courses by the Teaching Company is on sale ($99.95) till September 27 (2007). It is Kenneth Harl's " Rome and the Barbarians." This is not an introductory course. It deals with the interaction of Rome with her "barbarian" neighbors. (Check their web site for details.)

Great course and I recommend it highly.

Remember, only buy these courses when they are on sale. (Fortunately, they go on sale several times a year.)

Edited by guy