UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hope you had a good start in the new year, (i didn`t)

Viggen

Hello everyone,

as some might have noticed i was relatively quiet in december and then end of december till now i dissapeared completely...

I work in retail and ok, december is the strongest month so time is always short, however it got worse. On the 22nd of december i had a faulty wire at my place and while i worked i got a nice phone call from my neighbour telling me my place is burning...

The fire itself didnt do much damage but the smoke and the ash destroyed the whole inventary and made it impossible to clean it by myself, a special company had to do that, but two days before christmas, guess what? None is available, so i had to wait till the 7th of january for them to start, i had to move to a BB in the meantime no internet, no computer, pretty boring...

To make things even worse i got a heavy flue i had 39 degrees fever and was in a pretty bad shape, today my first day back at my place (as one might have guessed, hardly anything has been done, because of this and that and so on...) On top of that the usual insurance crap that doesnt want to pay for this or that or not as much and well, you have to get a lawyer so at least something gets done (all with high fever and not really much energy)

...in anycase i told today the workers to get lost, so i could install my computer and connect to the internet at least for this weekend...

...so for anyone i havent replied to his pm or email (currently loading the 989 mails that await me, and thats just the business mail lol) forgive me but i will eventually...

...the good thing that came out of it is, i will have eventually a brand new place (i wanted to renovate for ages, but never had the time), so there you have it, my little christmas story...

cheers

viggen

Yikes. Sounds like you've had a real pain in the ash.

Cancel the entire month of January, and wishing you a happier and prosperous start to the new year on February 1st!

-- Nephele

How does that saying go?

"Give a man a fire and he'll warm his hands. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

(Er,...helpful subject change:)

I'm good with a hammer. If you pay for my plane ticket (trans-atlantic) and lodging I'll come and help you remodel. ;)

(Or, how about....)

Thanks for helping average out the rest of our good luck.

(Hmmm, one last try)

Sorry about the health and well faring problems. Sounds like you'll get this licked, but until you confirm it I'll just keep a small lucky wish in my patron gods shrine for you.

Edited by M. Scaevola

That, dearie, is just truly painful.

Viggen, that sucks that you've had a run of bad luck. But, things will look up, and life will be better. Silver lining, and all that. And, I'm sure, that GO will come over and help you redecorate...after all, he's already pledged grant/wine money to AD!

That, dearie, is just truly painful.

Viggen, that sucks that you've had a run of bad luck. But, things will look up, and life will be better. Silver lining, and all that. And, I'm sure, that GO will come over and help you redecorate...after all, he's already pledged grant/wine money to AD!

V., just send me the chit. I'll take care of it. The two P's :notworthy: :notworthy: will teletransport G.S. to do the manual labor.

DoL :wub: , I think that Dr. A.D. is stiffing me. :angry:

:(

P.S.

V., are you sure it wasn't caused by what we here in the Colonies call 'Jewish Lightening'? :lol: Just realized that I live too close to N. Carnalis :wub: . I'm a dead man! :(

;)

Edited by Gaius Octavius