UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Is it my dirty mind?......

The Augusta

Is it just me, or has anyone else noted the 'biggus dickus' like significance of the name Erastes Fulmen? I'm sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I'd been meaning to post about it as a little aside. (Our Greek experts should know what I mean!) :clapping: Forgive me if it's been discussed already.

I am afraid that I am missing the joke. I don't know much Greek so that could be the problem. ANy explanations would be appreciated, so I may join you in mocking that rotten ba$tard.

Clearly it is just me... erastes is the Greek word for a man who is active with other younger men, if you see what I mean! eromenos is the passive term for the younger one. To follow up the Erastes with 'Fulmen' cannot be a coincidence - I'm sure of it. I think some clever writer might have slipped that one in.

Of course it has nothing to do with his character in the show - but the name has always struck me as being suitable for a user name on some quirky site or other. I'd love to know which of the writers created him - I would email and ask!

Is this thread all a cunninge Brit plot?

:ph34r:

Yep - so cunning, you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ;)

Don't worry Gaius - if I see any more obscure allusions in characters' names, I'll keep it to myself. :D

...or, from the botanical world, 'Pinus Vulgaris' (common Pine)! :ph34r:

Edited by Northern Neil