UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Updating profiles etc.

Can I use an image of my own from my computer as an avatar and if so, how do I go about doing it?

I can see how to use an avatar from the galleries or download from the net but not how to upload one of my own.

Can I use an image of my own from my computer as an avatar and if so, how do I go about doing it?

I can see how to use an avatar from the galleries or download from the net but not how to upload one of my own.

Click onto "My Controls" (which you should see at the top of your screen when you are logged in).

You will be taken to a page with a Menu down the left. Scroll down to "Change Personal Photo" and click on that.

You will be taken to a page where you will see instructions to "Upload an image from your computer." When you click on "Browse" that will pull up your computer's files. Click on your computer file which contains the picture you want, then click on the link for that particular picture. The rest should be self-explanatory.

-- Nephele

Find the picture you want to use on your computer. Make sure it's less then 1 mb.

Go to this site: www.imageshack.us and upload it. This will give you an external url for the image (Look at the bottom of the page), it'll look something like this:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2724/luciatogaoe6.jpg

Copy it. Continue by going to your control panel --> Edit Avatar Settings

Now use the "Enter a URL to an online avatar image" and paste the link.

Update Avatar.

Thanks Nephele for reply. Unfortunately that will work for your personal photo but not the avatar.

:) Sorry! I seem to get the term "avatar" confused. Glad to see Klingan helped you out. And, yes, that's a cool cat.

-- Nephele