UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Primus Pilus

History Writing Contest

Thanks to everyone who participated and made this a success.

A special thanks to Augusta for an enjoyable read on an interesting topic. Spend your prize money wisely!

Congrats to Augusta and to all who took the time to enter!

Just got home and logged on and saw all the essay entries posted! Congratulations to The Augusta -- and hails to all the other entrants! Looking forward to reading your essays -- many thanks to all!

-- Nephele

Couldn't be put better than Primus Pilus did above. I hope that the insertion of all the essays into 'Academia' will prove fruitful.

Congratulations to both winners and non-winners.

Congrats Augusta!! Excellent essay! :P

Congrats to everyone else as well. All worked very hard and I enjoyed reading the essays a great deal. ;)

Edited by Lost_Warrior

Congrats Augusta!! Excellent essay! :P

Congrats to everyone else as well. All worked very hard and I enjoyed reading the essays a great deal. ;)

Thanks for the kind words - and now I can relax and enjoy reading everyone's essays. I must thank UNRV for giving me the opportunity to revisit my old academic love. It is at least 15 years since I wrote an essay, and the whole process was a joy in itself, regardless of outcome. Well done to Aurelius and PNS, and everyone who entered.

And a special, public thanks to Gaius Octavius for his donation to the prize fund.

Edited by The Augusta

Congratulations to everyone, especially Augusta and Publius Nonius Severus.

I honestly haven't received any news about the History Writing Contest up until today when I was offered a break from my now hectic schedule. I want to say 'thank you' to all the judges for appraising my work and for the rewards given, I never expected to even be a runner-up with all the fine academic discussions. I look forward to reading some, if not all, the entries if Time would not be so cruel as to give me some breathing space.

Thank you once again, especially for the donation of the prize funds. I wish this contest would expand the horizons of this already great site and realise its true potential--For the glory of the Senate and the people of UNRV!

I would also like to add my congrats to Augusta and Aurelius. I have just finished reading their entries and I can see why the judges chose their submissions. I have read a couple of the other entries as well so far and I can see that this must have been a close contest since there are several outstanding entires. I too would like to thank all the judges for the time they spent reviewing the entries and Gaius Octavius for the prize donation.

It looks as if we will have some interesting discussions based on these entries in Academia forum. I already have a list of questions brewing...

Thanks again!

-Severus

Something tells me that if a 'certain party' gives up one of his nasty habits, there will be another Contest - soon. So, commence winding up 'headquarters' and sharpening your fingers. Don Tomasso doesn't want to have to go about kneecapping Romans - again. :lol:

:(

Congratulations to the Augusta, Publius Nonius Severus and Aurelius!! They are Excellently written and meticulously researched work. A testament to your skills as writers! Well done!

And like Lost Warrior, I'd like to extend my congratulations to the other entrants as well!

Congrats to all the winners and to everyone who entered.

I've just read the Augusta's entry and was very very impressed, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the entries

I take my hat off to each and everyone of you. :whistling: :notworthy:

Will we be having another writing contest? I only ask because now that I am on study leave, writing an essay on something relevant to my course would really aid my revision.