UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Winter Driving Woes

Primus Pilus

Had your shoulder done something to deserve such punishment?

LOL, to clarify it was about to hit my face. My shoulder took one for the team. (I know many of you hear would've liked it if it did hit my face. :P) I was the only one stupid enough to shovel the snow at a late time when it was switching from snow to ice. The few, the proud, the manual shovelers! :usaflag:

Edited by Rameses the Great

This morning, while commuting in Michigan's first major snow storm of the year, a silly fool decided it would be a good idea to dart out from a dead stop in a turning lane, into oncoming traffic, while I was minding my own business and moving precariously along. Due to icy and snowy conditions, I was unable to stop in time to avoid rear ending her vehicle, but instead spun out of control. It actually would have been fun as there were no vehicles on either side of me, but after spinning 180 degrees my poor gas-guzzling Durango's rear end slid into the very same rear end of the person who caused the resulting crunch of metal and plastic.

Bummer. I got hit a month ago. The lady was an EMT whose husband was a cop up north. She realized she screwed up and we waited for the cops. It was Saturday night in Seattle so it took 90 minutes for them to show up. Her insurance paid in full for the front end and the rental. I was driving my Subaru instead of my Isuzu thinking the AWL would come in handy in the ice and snow.

Good luck on the repairs.