UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

March Madness

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game of the day was the Louisville/Texas A&M game...that was a well-played game all-around, and TAMU won despite playing in Kentucky (dammit).

Tomorrow hold 2 possible barn burners: Kansas/Kentucky and USC/Texas (HOOK 'EM HORNS!!).

Are we perchance discussing the curious variant of Rugby in which the players feel they need head and shoulder protection to avoid getting hurt, or are we discussing rounders? ;)

sport-smiley-12.gif ever get hit by a speeding mixed-smiley-012.gif every 30 seconds or so?

Whatz 'rounders'? :ph34r:

;)

Nearly! I fell off my bike once on the Paris Peripherique. Pouring with rain. Trucks zooming past me on both sides with inches to spare. Rounders is like baseball but a British version.

Ohio State Xavier was the epitomy of March Madness.

That VCU vs PITT game nearly gave me a heart attack at the age of 16.

I predicted UNLV to beat Wisconsin, no upset in that game in my mind.

First round I was 25-7 yesterday I was 8-0! :pimp:

The Spartys are giving your boys a good run Virgil. Good game so far anyway.

Yeah they did, but the Heels pulled it out at the end. Heels just had a deeper bench rotating their guys as much as they did it wore MSU out. That Neitzel is a heck of a player. Looks like it's USC-Carolina next week.

Are we perchance discussing the curious variant of Rugby in which the players feel they need head and shoulder protection to avoid getting hurt, or are we discussing rounders? :D

NCAA March Madness

Edited by Virgil61

Basketball is the only organized sport I can begin to relate to - because I played a little in high school.

When I was younger I did watch NCAA - and yes, I was a Duke fan!

Nowadays I just can't get into that stuff. I agree with JR that March should be about Guinness.

Ohio State v Tar Heels tomorrow.

MPC not an OSU fan I take it?

Normally, job security precludes me from answering that question (especially when my alma mater Michigan plays my employer and arch-rival OSU). But I don't have any reason not to hope for OSU's win tomorrow, especially since it's my only hope for a respectable showing in the New York Times Pool.

Ohio State v Tar Heels tomorrow.

MPC not an OSU fan I take it?

Normally, job security precludes me from answering that question (especially when my alma mater Michigan plays my employer and arch-rival OSU)... [/url].

Ouch, that is a touchy situation, Big Ten fans are rabid.

One of my best friends got her PhD at UNC; a school her grandfather, father and mother all went to. One of the buildings is named after an ancestor as as is one of the streets on campus. 'Tar Heel born' as they say.

She got two offers, one at Catholic and one nearby. She took the one nearby and now works at...Duke ('it' and UNC are only 9 miles apart). She struggles.

I'll check out those brackets.