UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

'Superman' in Latin?

ginapai

hello everybody! i need your help.. what's the latin translation for superman? i have been asked by a friend and i wasnt able to answer him.. i tried to use free online translations but it didn't work.. please help..

by the way, this forum is so cool.. good thing i found it.. its nice to be here..

thanks..

Salve-

Translating names like this into Latin are quite difficult because the concept of this type of descriptive name or the concept behind Superman in its entirety wouldn't make sense in Latin, but I'll give it a shot. My best suggestion would be:

Vir Omnipotens

Which means "All-Powerful Man". I considered "Superhuman Man" but the Latin for superhuman is "divinus", which means as you can probably guess, "divine". To do the things that Superman does if he actually existed (and in Ancient Rome) he would have been considered a god, hence the reason it is difficult to put a descriptive name on him. I hope this helps.

What about--superhomo :lol: .

Lol, that literally means "The Above Man."

My best would be "Homo Adamantis"--> Man of Steel. You can replace Homo with Vir if you don't want a homo in it. :)

Which is precisely why superhomo is the logical choice. :) The Latin word super is a cognate of the German word

"Homo Adamantis" = "Man of Steel" = Stalin!

Yep! Josef Dzhugashvili renamed himself "Josef Stalin" to imply he was a "Man of Steel". And Adolf Hitler was said to have identified with Nietzsche's

• 5 weeks later...