UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Maladict

Guess the ancient city!

And Kosmo knows his cosmos as he has found the right place ! I especially choose a picture I had not taken, but it seems it was not enough to fool you :) (and thanks for the comment, it's my pleasure to share my travels with other, I'm currently thinking about going to Bulgary this year, and maybe Albania too if the political situation in the country allows it, else it might be Romania or Hungary. But I'm not sure yet due to the fact that those countries don't use Euro, I might go to Germany instead (but closer to France than my previous trip, or going directly for Berlin, it will depend on how much time and money I will have availlable)

I don't see why the use of euro would be a problem, in Romania at least there are banks and exchanges at every corner and most shops, hotels etc take international credit cards. When you decide about your plans please let me know maybe I can help with suggestions (I've been several times in Bulgaria) and we could meet if you come to Bucharest.

post-1266-094859200 1296568814_thumb.jpg

As you can see this not exactly in a city so you can guess either the specific name of the place or the name of the nearby city.

post-1266-046175500 1296569705_thumb.jpg

A better quality pic.

PS I love how much easier is to upload a picture.

Edited by Kosmo

(well noted Kosmo, thanks for the advice)

I would say that we are in a central european or balkanic context, but the vegetation would make me think more about northern Greece...

...that could be the Sumela Monestary near Trabzon (Turkey)

http://en.wikipedia....ross_Valley.JPG

I expected that I will have to give clues because this place is not a classical monument but you nailed immediately this impressive construction. Good job!

...thanks, yeah i thought i saw it before but wasn`t sure..

in any case, this one should be fairly easy, i just like that place so much, i have to show hehe ... ;)

blalabla.jpg

Arles it is not, however a little hint, the place in question was romanized a bit earlier then the gallic town of Arles...

Another country I still have to visit..

And now let's change our area of enquiry and look at :

re-edit : ok now it's the good picture

post-2692-093244500 1296723285_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Bryaxis Hecatee

What gave it away ?

You being Belgian, to be honest. :)

I don't know much about the site, apart from it being a kind of Belgian national treasure, and the terrain looked about right.

I'll need a few hours to come up with a decent one, it's been a while.

Edited by Maladict