UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

Sorry I haven't been about to manage this (always difficult once the season gets underway), and thanks for stepping up to the breach, Melvadius. Othona is dead right, Noricum, so over to you for the next one.

It was my own photo, by the way. I happened by the place when I visited Colchester a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by GhostOfClayton

Sorry I haven't been about to manage this (always difficult once the season gets underway), and thanks for stepping up to the breach, Melvadius. Othona is dead right, Noricum, so over to you for the next one.

It was my own photo, by the way. I happened by the place when I visited Colchester a couple of weeks ago.

Lovely photo too - it would be lovely to be able to visit all those sites I've been reading about after Melvadius gave me some clues

My crash course in all things ancient Rome is moving along very nicely, and enjoyably :rolleyes:

This looks like such a beautiful place and so peaceful - and probably very easy for all the experts to pick :D

post-12093-0-66433000-1305641732_thumb.jpg

I suspect Europe but possibly neither France or Germany.

• 3 weeks later...

I suspect Europe but possibly neither France or Germany.

Not France or Germany, but the site is in Europe...

It's Switzerland, at the Colonia Augusta Rauracorum (or Augusta Raurica), near Basel, at the bank of the Rhine river.

You're spot on!

Your turn.....

• 3 weeks later...