UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

This seems to be partly hewn into a rock face and built about. To be very contrived; if it is Spain, could it be a mine and one of the silver mines west of New Carthage? I'll have a go at Orongis although if it is, I've no idea how you got the image!

This seems to be partly hewn into a rock face and built about. To be very contrived; if it is Spain, could it be a mine and one of the silver mines west of New Carthage? I'll have a go at Orongis although if it is, I've no idea how you got the image!

Las Medulas.

No, but that is a fantastic site. A real insight into how the Romans could just make a landscape disappear.

98 BC is an important year for this site. Also, while reasonably prominent, it does not feature on the UNRV Map.

Las Medulas.

No, but that is a fantastic site. A real insight into how the Romans could just make a landscape disappear.

98 BC is an important year for this site. Also, while reasonably prominent, it does not feature on the UNRV Map.

Tiermes (Termes) which was the scene of a revolt put down by Titus Didius in 98 BC?

Thanks, I wasn't aware that Sikyon had so much to offer. Will be included in the next Peloponnesian tour :huh:

Marcus Silanus should take credit and post the next picture, though, I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

To return the honour and to admit to having problems with imageshack that I can't resolve until tomorrow evening, would you like to pick up the baton?

We need a new picture (even as I have very little time on my hand at the moment).

B)