UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

I'm going to give everyone a few days to take a look at it before I try, it would be nice if some other people wanted to play the game as well.

Believe me I do want to play but the only thing stopping me is that I'm totally crap at it!! :)

Believe me I do want to play but the only thing stopping me is that I'm totally crap at it!! :)

No matter, because that's where the hints come in.

The towers of the gate are named after a Roman poet who was born in the region, if not in the town.

I'm going to give everyone a few days to take a look at it before I try, it would be nice if some other people wanted to play the game as well.

A hint is to take a look at the building and the surroundings. Think a little about where the nature could be from and take a moment to recall what major towns you know in that area and google for those. Unless that works take a look at wikipedia for large Roman settlements.

Hmmm... well, the nature could be anywhere from Northern Spain, through Italy to the Balkans. Or is this a cryptic clue? Lucretius wrote 'De rerum natura' - on the nature of things, whilst Virgil wrote about nature in the Georgics... Am I getting closer?

Hmmm... well, the nature could be anywhere from Northern Spain, through Italy to the Balkans. Or is this a cryptic clue? Lucretius wrote 'De rerum natura' - on the nature of things, whilst Virgil wrote about nature in the Georgics... Am I getting closer?

Well if it's cryptic you're after... :)

The poet in question does indeed write about the region, though lamentably not about the property pictured.