UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

The island of Delos - birthplace of Apollo and Artemis?

It's so much more fun looking for places than than getting ready for another hard week at work (like finding my work clothes and making sure I've got all my work in my bag )

It's also helping my confidence in commenting on this forum - I've come from zero knowledge about ancient Rome other than seeing a movie or two

Getting closer but the history on this island predates the classical period and is not mythological but cultural and geological.

Yes I find this thread really fun and it is a great place to get into commenting on the forum. Some of the other thread sections can be a little daunting even if you have a good background in Roman history. There are a lot of knowledgeable and enthusiatic people on this site.

Could it be the island of Lesbos - birthplace of the poet Sappho - and it also has some hot springs?

The more I look at all these Greek islands the more I want to go there B)

One last guess as it's after 3am here and I have to get up at 6.30am for work sadly...

Samos - birthplace of Pythagoras and Epicurus - andit has ancient vineyards which are of great interest to me (love my wine!)

Looks like it could be the Temple d'Auguste in Vindobona/ Vienna.