UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Guess the ancient city!

Maladict

I figured it was in Europe by the buildings around the temple, so I'm pretty sure it's the Temple of Augustus and Livia in Vienne, France

And I've has great time looking around too - learning as I go along :rolleyes:

Now if my guess is correct, could you post the next pic for me as I still haven't figured how to do that yet - thanks Bryaxis Hecatee in advance!

And we have a winner in Noricum, it is indeed the temple of Augustus and Livia in Vienne, Rhone Valley, France (a bit to the south of Lyon), a city whose homophony with the french name of the Austrian capital Vienna might well have led our friend Melvadius on a wrong track...

Edit : to load a picture go to full post edition mode, under the writing section you'll find an "attachements" section : you select your file, you click on "attach file", you tick the "add file to post" box on the next screen, confirm everything and are all set !

Edited by Bryaxis Hecatee

Bl*st, I accidently mixed up Vienne with Vienna when I posted :(

Congratulations Noricum - a worthy winner :)

Thanks for the advice on how to post a pic - hopefully this will turn up on the page :blink:

This is the next place for some good guesses...fingers crossed it appears

post-12093-0-94776300-1303212471_thumb.jpg

Bl*st, I accidently mixed up Vienne with Vienna when I posted :(

Congratulations Noricum - a worthy winner :)

Thanks Melvadius! I'm certainly enjoying this forum immensely - I'm so glad I visited Rome last year where my main aim was to spend a few days just looking at St Peters and theVatican museum but my son dragged me into the Colosseum and into the Forum - I was hooked!

Pula's amphitheater, Croatia ?

Yikes - that was FAST! I thought I'd be first for certain. The instant e-mail notification came through, I looked at the photo, pressed F5, and you'd already got it. Well done, Bryaxis (assuming you're right, which you are!)

well I was lucky to connect to the forum at the right time then, for I saw the new post with the board search function, looked three or four google request (first thought was Tarragona) then typed the answer here... but this puts me to the challenge of finding a new roman edifice... which I think has been solved with the following picture :

post-2692-0-56109600-1303215052_thumb.jpg

As a guess I would suspect it is in one of the northern provinces, possibly near the Danube?