UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Firefox 2

Virgil61

Anyone using firefox find the 2.0 version buggy? For some reason it gums up my computer at times and tends to 'hang' or freeze as well. I've been a long time user but finsd that IE7 is much more stable.

I have used it since it was released and except for some minor spelling system problems it's been very very good. I'd never even look at IE anymore unless I had to from time to time at other computers.

I guess you've tried to reinstall it?

Edited by Klingan

I have used it since it was released and except for some minor spelling system problems it's been very very good. I'd never even look at IE anymore unless I had to from time to time at other computers.

I guess you've tried to reinstall it?

Yes, twice. It could just be in conflict with something on my computer, unfortunately I have no idea what.

What operating system are you using? I'm not specially good with computers but I might just as well give you a helping hand if i can.

It's probably not a compability error with your hardware, that would be very unlikely with a software used as much as Firefox.

I'm afraid that I don't know any solution to your problem. The closest I came was that firefox have a memory leak problem for some users. That would make you experience freezes end slower performance. It's very rare thou.

You can read more about that here. I'm far from sure it'll help but I hope for the best.

I use Firefox too! I've been having all sorts of problems with my computer, and the freezing and crashing almost always happens when Firefox is trying to update. My friend is also having problems with Firefox.

I think my problems are hardware problems (because it has happened when I wasn't hooked up to the internet or using Firefox) but it started out only when I was on the internet with Firefox. I do wonder if Firefox could somehow be related.

I've had no problems whatsoever with my own FF 2 install, though I've heard scads of others saying that they have indeed suffered enough that they've switched to another browser, which is a real shame. What's more of a shame is that noone seems to be offering a real solution to the problem, which just makes the development team look bad.

Anyone using firefox find the 2.0 version buggy? For some reason it gums up my computer at times and tends to 'hang' or freeze as well. I've been a long time user but finsd that IE7 is much more stable.

Just a random thought, do you use a custom skin?

Does 'IE' mean Internet Explorer?

Aye

Just a random thought, do you use a custom skin?

No, and I've kept extensions to a minimum of two--Googlebar and Bugmenot. It seems like around 20% or so of user's have had some issues with this release (2.0). Like Pantagathus I'm thinking of using IE7, a great improvement over IE6.