UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonlapse

Recent Forum Upgrade

If you see any weird stuff or out of place colors/graphics, just post them here.

I did it in PM. Moonlapse took into consideration a suggestion I made, and fixed (within minutes!) a small bug I found. Just felt a need to say publicly: Moonlapse, your coolness is exceeded only by your brilliance.

-- Nephele

For anybody who had a profile picture loaded under the old configuration, it appears that the upgrade borked those files.

So if you'd rather not show up as that lovely dead image file "X" icon in someones friend's list then please reload your pic. It only takes a few moments.

In that light, I'd love to see more people load a profile pic (either real or avatar-like) now that the profile page seems to loom larger after the upgrade.

OK - certain threads seem to be jinxed for me. Tonight I have tried to reply to WotWotius' post in the 'Famous and infamous' people thread no fewer than 7 times. I have tried using the 'quote' and I have tried just using the 'Add Reply'. Every time, I am slung out, and an error message appears - the usual 'send this report to Microsoft' stuff. Other threads are fine. This happened the other night when I was trying to post in the Senate. So - I need to know if it is my own PC, or the Forum.

Any suggestions?

I've also run into strange stuff while trying to post. I've been reading various support forums and it turns out that many people are having strange problems that Invision is trying to come up with fixes for. A lot of the problems seem random and usually don't make any sense.

I thought for once that UNRV might have had a relatively smooth forum upgrade, which might have been true if the software simply did not suck. Seems to me that Invision puts a priority on bloating their software with the latest and greatest knick-knacks at the expense of stability, security, compatibility, etc... I had to actually change the server's memory limit configuration to get the forum to work correctly because its so bloated.

Keep letting me know what happens and I'll try to find some sort of solution. Just in case, try clearing your browser cache/temp files.

I'm on the verge of swearing aloud now, Moon (LOL). I have cleared out my Cookies and Temp files but now find that I cannot post a reply in the 'Principate' thread started by Ursus - a thread I badly want to contribute to. I have got around it for the moment by sending Ursus a PM. I can read the thread, but every time I try to post, I get that same error message with the browser. I have posted in other threads today and it hasn't happened there. Help!!!

I can't log in from work at all. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, but to no avail. But since I shouldn't be logging in from work anyway, I'm not going to complain.

However, even at home I encounter a few problems. The private messenger function in particular is strange. It says I have a new pm when I don't. It says I don't have a new pm when I do. I can't read the pms when they pop up. *shrugs*

I just deleted a few posts from a new member and they were completely erased rather than being moved to Tartarus.

I just deleted a few posts from a new member and they were completely erased rather than being moved to Tartarus.

Isn't that always the way it's worked... I thought posts had to be moved to Tartarus rather than deleted?

As for forum problems... I haven't noticed anything yet. I'm using Firefox at both home and the office. Perhaps varying browsers are causing fits?

Isn't that always the way it's worked... I thought posts had to be moved to Tartarus rather than deleted?

Nope. Under the old forum, when a legati deleted a post, it was moved to Tartarus rather than being expunged. You Triumviri were the only ones that had the power to completely erase a post. Until now, I guess.

I suppose I'll just have to be careful to move things to Tartarus rather than deleting posts.

Nope. Under the old forum, when a legati deleted a post, it was moved to Tartarus rather than being expunged. You Triumviri were the only ones that had the power to completely erase a post. Until now, I guess.

I suppose I'll just have to be careful to move things to Tartarus rather than deleting posts.

Ahh, ok. I'll dig around and see if I can put it back the way it was.

Authorization mismatch!!!!!! What the hell does that mean??

I've been trying to post on the forum since Monday but everytime I've tried I always got the same bloody error message...."Authorization mismatch".... I couldn't post, make an entry into my blog or gallery, couldn't PM, couldn't make changes to my control panel, basically all I could do was read the board.

I finally got intouch with PP through a personal email who then put me in touch with Moon who worked his magic and got me back on track so a big big thank you to PP and Moonlapse for sorting this annoying problem out.

It's been a frustrating few days, reading all the new threads but not been able to contribute but hopefully that will be the end of it...........I hope :wine:

My frustration continues. I now find that I cannot post in the 'Roman Revolution' thread without being thrown out and my browser closing!