UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

New Forum.

I was just getting the hang of the 'old' forum when it changed. Now my 'Picture' is gone. This 'Friends' thing is driving me nuts. Do I have to somehow say who my 'Friends' are? How? Do I have to put myself down as a 'Friend' of another? What is 'Comment'? :lol::hammer::huh:

My MSN spell checker doesn't work here any more, and the new one won't cooperate! :angry:

:ph34r:

First, dear patron consul, you need friends. They will go in your friends list once you get some. :huh:

If you need picture assistance, do call.

AoS, Cos.

Edit: You liar! You have friends in your list! (I for one!)

To add, go to the persons name (above their avatar), bring down the combo box (tab with the little arrow) and click 'add to friends'.

Edited by Antiochus of Seleucia

I was just getting the hang of the 'old' forum when it changed. Now my 'Picture' is gone. This 'Friends' thing is driving me nuts. Do I have to somehow say who my 'Friends' are? How? Do I have to put myself down as a 'Friend' of another? What is 'Comment'? :lol::hammer::furious:

My MSN spell checker doesn't work here any more, and the new one won't cooperate! :angry:

The list shows you if they are online and gives you a quick link to send a PM. I'm not sure what practical use the profile comments serve. As far as your picture goes, I'm not sure. I'm just glad the upgrade didn't kill a lot more things than it did.

First, dear patron consul, you need friends. They will go in your friends list once you get some. :)We gods don't need no friends! What we need is a spell-checker that works and doesn't befoul the MSN one!

If you need picture assistance, do call. Stop playing with your band and put my old 'Photo' back in - Capt. Blackadder.

AoS, Cos.

Edit: You liar :) ! You're deader than a punctured spaldine! You have friends in your list! (I for one!) Not my doing! :)

To add, go to the persons name (above their avatar), bring down the combo box (tab with the little arrow) and click 'add to friends'.

Now the bold and underlining buttons ain't cooperating!

As far as a 'Comment' is concerned, just go ahead and stick one in. I advise you to be careful - very, very careful here! You don't want to tick off the god-Consul!

Why can't I have an enemies list? :2guns:

Now I am supposed to turn the pop-up thing on and off? Very:furious:.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Well, with a bit of fiddling about I did manage to work out the 'Friends' bit. The thing I am having a bit of trouble with however, is using the old 'Quick Edit' facility for posts. Every time I tried it last night, I couldn't get back to a view of my edited post at all and the Forum unceremoniously slung me out and I had to log in again! However, I did start getting error messages about my Yahoo browser, so this may have something to do with it.

For anyone running into any problems, try pushing Ctrl + F5 to fully reload the page and overwrite any previously cached files, then retry.

Yanno...had I thought of that first...sheesh, I shoulda known better. Thanks!