UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Most Hated Family in America

Virgil61

Not sure how long Youtube will let this stay up--it's in 7 parts--but it's worth a view. Just pathetic.

Wow - Im a Brit, but the attitudes of this group angered me, especially the intrusion into the funerals of US soldiers. Their arrogance is blinding, and I wonder how they get around the mortal sin of 'pride', or wether they have a way of circumventing it, like all religious extremists who find that they contravene aspects of their own teachings.

I wonder, though, how similar they might be to early Christians, who were certainly aggressive and at times anti - state. Here is a quote from a late Roman bishop, Paulinus of Nola:

Do not any longer love this world or its military service, for scripture's authority attests that whoever is a friend of this world is an enemy of God. He who is a soldier with the sword is the servant of death and when he sheds his own blood or that of another, this is the reward for his service.

Such sentiments in the early 5th century could not have helped when the state needed soldiers as never before.

I saw this show on the BBC a couple of nights ago. It really is unbelivable, considering that they don't show any remorse for what they do - they have no compassion whatsoever. One of the most telling scenes of the show is when Louis Theroux asks the girl if she likes the fact that everyone is going to burn in hell except for her and her congregation, and she simply tells him that he's going to burn in hell.

"Is it true that if I do something wrong, Gramps will go loco?" -- Louis Theroux

"You're gonna eat your babies!!" -- Rev. Fred "Gramps" Phelps

I figure that's why Gramps kept avoiding Louis' question regarding how many inbred children he had. Gramps ATE most of them. :shocking:

-- Nephele

"The streets of america are full of men having fag sex".

a quote to explain why thou shalt not commit adultery relates to gays.

these people must spend far more time considering 'deviant' sex than the most active homosexual anywhere!

I saw this a while ago. It's horrible. If they came to a funeral of one of my family members like that, I don't think I'd be able to hold my anger back. Three of them would get hurt...

They are horrible.

Who wants to see Pastor Fred Phelps nearly blow an aneurysm?

Michael Moore brought his Sodommobile to Topeka, Kansas and took on the Westboro Baptist Church. AND MADE THEM RUN AWAAAAY! Hahahahahaha!

This is hilarious!

Michael Moore Pwns Phelps

-- Nephele

Who wants to see Pastor Fred Phelps nearly blow an aneurysm?

Michael Moore brought his Sodommobile to Topeka, Kansas and took on the Westboro Baptist Church. AND MADE THEM RUN AWAAAAY! Hahahahahaha!

This is hilarious!

Michael Moore Pwns Phelps

-- Nephele

Hilarious.