UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

"The Roman Mysteries"

Its political correctness. They don't want adverse publicity because someone got upset and wrote a stiff letter of complaint. I imagine the friends and family of the kidnapped child would indeed get upset at such a storyline - they've got reason. I think most people who write in over this would mean well but really ought to be sympathetic and helping rather than sticking their oar in. These days I guess the BBC has no choice. The kidnapping is after all still in the headlines of the media.

Its political correctness. They don't want adverse publicity because someone got upset and wrote a stiff letter of complaint. I imagine the friends and family of the kidnapped child would indeed get upset at such a storyline - they've got reason. I think most people who write in over this would mean well but really ought to be sympathetic and helping rather than sticking their oar in. These days I guess the BBC has no choice. The kidnapping is after all still in the headlines of the media.

Indeed a storyline that was planned for the long-running soap, Coronation Street, was also rewritten at the 11th hour due to the Maddie kidnapping. So it affects all channels, not just the BBC.

Nephele - I am sure they will screen the episode in question in a couple of weeks or so when the story of Maddie is less sensitive.

Edited by The Augusta

I imagine the friends and family of the kidnapped child would indeed get upset at such a storyline - they've got reason.

I can