UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rubicon

Ursus

Ahh, yes, a historian that comes across as a novelist is a welcome one indeed. I'll have to check that out.

One of my favorite (non-Roman) historian authors along the same vane is Shelby Foote. He wrote a rather large 3 volume set on the American Civil War that I'd recommend to anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I'm honored.

I've recently discovered the joys of amazon.com and will be ordering books by the score over the next few months. I'll write some reviews on the more important ones.

Some of the books are on Roman paganism though, and I'm not sure how much interest that topic carries around here...

Thanks Ursus, nicely done btw.

I'm not sure how much interest Roman Paganism has, as you'd be more in tune to that. I'd think it's a fairly small segment of the population, though we may get a fair share of visitors here that follow that course. Regardless, if its related to the Roman world, I see no problem with providing information regardless of how many people it appeals to.

• 3 years later...

Ursus ... I finally heeded your recommendation and ordered this on Amazon this morning.

(had to dig back to page 9 to find this! LOL!)

You won't be sorry G-Man, it's an excellent book, I've read and re-read it and will probably read it again in the future. It's an essential book to have in your Roman collection.

GPM ... I don't doubt it. Ursus' has been singing that same song for awhile on this. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Persian Fire is also excellent.

In September Holland's new book is released:

'Millenuim: The End of the World and the Forging of Christendom'