UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Pertinax

UK UNRV "Future Campaigns"

AS you can see quite a few Britons think Hadrian's Wall is in China:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

It's a curious piece. The author classes as an error the idea that a bulldog represents Britain, but why? A bulldog often does represent Britain in political cartoons etc., and if 43% of Britons think it does, they are right!

On whether the Lake District is a theme park, I just want to ask this. How many of the 7% who reached this view did so as a result of having visited the Lake District?

As for where Hadrian's Wall is, it does seem that some re-education is wanted there. I look to Augustus Caesar's website to deal with this problem.

I think that you Brits know that that I am a Britophile. Yet, your managerial capabilities are driving me nuts . Sept 28th or Sept 1? Your cousins, the Yanks, will have to make plans for at least a week, if not more. How can you help them?

I think that you Brits know that that I am a Britophile. Yet, your managerial capabilities are driving me nuts . Sept 28th or Sept 1? Your cousins, the Yanks, will have to make plans for at least a week, if not more. How can you help them?

28th GO old bean, any emissaries will be entertained by endless tea and crumpets.

Please keep it to one thread. I don't give a tinkers damn about your pub exploits. Will the Yanks have someone to guide them around while you Brits are recovering?

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Please keep it to one thread. I don't give a tinkers damn about your pub exploits. Will the Yanks have someone to guide them around while you Brits are recovering?

I think a map and compass can be arranged :naughty::):lol:

28th GO old bean, any emissaries will be entertained by endless tea and crumpets.

Thank goodness you put that last item in the plural, Pertinax.

Hahahaha! G.O. is a married man, so I believe he might pass on the crumpet!

-- Nephele

I think a map and compass can be arranged :naughty::yes::lol:

So long as the map doesn't point anywhere near China ay?

What gives me the idea that our American cousins think we drink a lot? And the fact that Gaius thinks we cannot guide him even if we do - well, oh ye of little faith Gaius!! If we are a nation of drinkers then it is through a lot of good hard practice that we can find our way home after several pints of the good ale. So a tour of the Wall? DODDLE!!!!! :wine::):thumbsup::P

Crumpets are lovely with butter on - and I am on about the toasted ones!!!

No, no, take the plural off! The americans will think we're British! :thumbsup:

Good thing I didnt mention muffins.

*Nephele falls off chair*

:thumbsup:

Edited by Nephele

*Nephele falls off chair*

;)

AC couldn't quite get there fast enough to save Nephele!! I've got sore sides now too!!!

Hi all

Some of you will be aware that I have contacted Comitatus (re-enactment group) about their itinerary on Hadrians Wall on Friday to Sunday 28th to 30th September this year. Paul Elliott has been in touch with preliminary routes and march details. They will start late on Friday with an overnight camp and march early Saturday. Sunday is open so far Paul will contact me again when they have decided what is to be their final plan for that route.

I will be working toward meeting them somewhere along the way even if it just for half an hour or so or even a march with them. I have to be wary of those who may not manage hills too well (my good lady being one) so we'll do our best. They are lunching at Twice Brewed on Saturday so we could even be there.

Plans are still at the early stage but if you all think this is worth pursuing and you want to meet up with them then let me or NN know.

Thanks eveyone...

This is good news, some "late era" information would be very useful.